Saturday, February 6, 2010

The comments thing


It's Okay bloging isnt on there....


Just so you know ... If you leave me a comment about a post more than likely I will reply to your comments with another comment on that post... make any sense at all? ... do I get a koala stamp for saying "comment" a lot?

The other day I was reading a blog and realised that the author had replied to my comment on that post in the comment section (like I do). But I didn't know that which made me think you may not either.

I have no idea if this is what you are suppose to do... maybe most blog authors don't reply to comments or if they do they do it by email...
Having comments on my blog is the bomb ... seriously I would never had imagined how cool and some days supported I feel when I read your comments... one of the hardest and most challenging parts of being a grown up for me is wondering if I'm doing it right (parenting, budgeting, running a house, being a working mum, watching quality TV) and when I hear that you lot of smart, articulate and family orientated peeps are sometimes feeling the same thing it comforts me ... I wanted you to know that I value your comments and usually reply back... on my blog.

Just so you know...

11 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

and here, the irony... i'm coming back to your blog to say thanks for reading and commenting on mine.

love your venn diagram.

The Fredy Family said...

you should try changing your comment section. You don't have an option that allows someone to check it if they want to receive emails with comments left after theirs on the post they commented about. make sense?? :-)

brooke said...

I agree with everything you said and I love that you include watching quality tv with being a good parent :-)

Comments are a big deal to me too. It's crazy how excited I get about getting comments. And how ticked off I get about my close friends who either don't read my blog (I know, I'm a little self-absorbed!) or my friends who tell me they read but never ever comment.

I do like to respond to people in my comments if they ask a question or say something that I think warrents a comment from me. I often wonder if they ever come back and see it!

Elizabeth said...

Hey Mrs F ... that did make sense and I gave it a full five minutes of my attention looking for how to change my comments... I will investigate further.
Thanks Ex

Elizabeth said...

Brooke your comments section is greatly enhanced by Sams wit - If I could get David to amp up the entertainment value on this baby I would ... but its a deal breaker he is allergic to the written word.
Have a great weekend.
Ex

The Fredy Family said...

E - when you go into to settings make sure your comments section is marked on FULL PAGE. That is how mine is and I do that the option for email. :-)

Elizabeth said...

Mrs F, I would NEVER in a million years have worked out how to do that. Thanks Thanks Thanks.
Ex
PS What time will you be over to fix all my other computer issues?

House of Smiths said...

Hey! You're so sweet, to say that I inspire you! lol. I feel like most of the day I'm trying to inspire MYSELF to get the things done that I need to! whew!
You are MORE than welcome to link back to my blog, for whatever, anytime! I'm totally fine with that!
I can't believe that I even REMEMBER a time when you didn't even HAVE a blog! And I was trying to convince you to start one. LOL.
Oh, how you've grown. :)
Thanks again, for the sweet comment.
Shelley

Amanda Gibson said...

I'm with ya - I l.o.v.e. getting comments. It always brightens my day when someone stops in and says something nice. I have had a few people leave me comments saying not so nice things....but they end up being kind of nice because then I have something to talk about in my next blog post! See, it all works out in the end.

So, here's my something nice to say for today......I love your blog and I think it's SO cool that I have an internet friend in a whole nother other country! I get a kick out of the slang words that you use - it's so cute! Plus you're one of those nice blog commenter people!

By the way, Happy Monday! Wait. Did you post this on Monday? Cuz that's when I read it.....wait. Now it's Tuesday. Anyway, happy whatever day.

Geez. Now I'm confused.

Elizabeth said...

Shelley you did inspire this blog! Pity I have no cute projects to show.
I am going to do the lamest Before and After post that you will die laughing over ... stay tuned.
Ex

Elizabeth said...

Amanda, thanks for your nice words and yes you have hulu, Pandora radio, The Bachelor and really good junk food but we will always be "ahead" of you in the land down under...
Ex