Thursday, February 25, 2010

Peace Baby

Things I'm loving a the moment and that are making my life better and more peaceful.
Green Tomato Relish. Sorry if you thought it would be something more profound. I love chutney, relish, sauce, mustard, pickle, mayonnaise, aoli and condiments in general. Its embarrassing (for others) when I order Fish & Chips and salad at a restaurant as I ask for tomato sauce, vinegar, tartare sauce, lemon and salad dressing to go with it... if all those condiments come in little cups that I can take over the table with... even better. Masterfoods bought out this relish a few years ago and then it disappeared (why do manufacturers do that?) now that it is back I have stocked up and i eat it everyday- try it its delish.


I have never been a huge John Mayer fan ... but I love this album. He was described by Rolling Stone Magazine as a starlet shagger (harsh but true) and after listening to this album he is a shagger and a teller. This is the only reason I would never date a rock star... what if we broke up and he penned revealing break up songs about us .... suddenly boring peeps in oz listening to their ipod would be privy to our intimate details.... no much better to date your husband. After listening to this album I feel a little bit sorry for Jen (not too much she has great hair) and I think Mr Mayer should stop twittering and get to therapy stat.



This mans name is Micheal Carr-Gregg and he is a dead set legend. He writes parenting books, and talks on radio and TV about issues concerning our kids. He also has a website and blog - run don't walk to check it out. His latest book is called "When to really worry" which I haven't read but I am reading two of his other books about younger adolescents "stuff". MCG Parenting books are both educational and encouraging as well as humorous and heavily based in reality. Thank Goodness there are educators like Mr Carr- Gregg in the world.
I had a little conversation with my little adolescent yesterday that went like this :Me " I think Dad thinks you are always cranky with him lately, you yell a lot at him"
Bear "No Mum that is just how boys talk... Dad and I are just joking around all the time" OMG see why I need parenting books.
Nescafe Mocha ... I wish I wasn't so in love with this product cos I reckon its doing my backside no favours... but Its so yummy ... I do drink the Skim version so that helps right.



other things that are bringing me peace at the mo

Yoga Class
Mass with Dave and the Kids
Having lunch with my friend and talking talking talking
Seeing the end in sight for David and Bears cricket season
Lulu trying piano lessons
My blog and blog friends

2 comments:

brooke said...

Love posts like this. I always want to see what other people are loving and what I need to start listening to or using....I also love condiments (Life and food are so dry without them!)

I so agree with all of your thoughts about John Mayer and everything else!

Amanda Gibson said...

Glad you have so much stuff to make you feel happy and peaceful. BTW - I'm a John Mayer fan (even though he's a HUGE jerk - he still sings good) - have you checked out "Continuum"? Its the CD that came out before Battle Studies and it's my absolute fav. Another awesome artist to check out is Ray LaMontagne. He is SO, so good. That soulful, bluesy stuff is the best.