This one is the bomb

Mr Agassi is indeed very open about his life as a professional tennis player. This book has everything: domineering controlling cruel sports father, good looking professional athlete, marriage to a movie star and then true love and personal happiness at the end. Agassi delivers the juicy stuff in a self deprecating style that makes you forgive him for being a tool for most of his life.
Ah the polar opposite of good bios.

Let me say from the get go I admire Sarah Palin as a female in a industry not know for its tolerance of family and life balance. I was intrigue by her ability to raise 5 children WHILST running a state government and then campaigning for one of the top jobs in the US.
This book reveals very little about the real Palin family. It gives some facts and a huge amount of spin. After finishing it I still didn't know how SP managed her kids (Nanny I presume) when she commuted to her job running Alaska or how she and her family coped in the sometimes ugly theatre of the presidential campaign. This book was a waste of time as a bio... it was sanitised... which makes sense if SP hasn't finished her political career. I understand that SP has no right to tell her daughters story... but come on pages and pages of how she took the good fight to big oil in Alaska is ok ONCE in the book not in every chapter.
Lastly nobody makes people write bios, so if you want to keep your family private that is your prerogative... BUT if you take the huge $ for writing your story then by like Andre, admit your mistakes and tell it like it really was.
PS If you are at all interested : Brook - yes she was according to Andre and Track apparently was named after the "Track and Field" sport his parents love.
1 comment:
I love this. You always tell it like it is. I have no time for bios like Sarah Palin's. I will, however, be looking to pick up Andre's the next time I travel. Thanks for the heads up.
Post a Comment