Lulu had a dentist appointment yesterday for a clean,fluoride and check up. We warned her that she may have a baby tooth that had a huge hole in it either pulled or filled. The apt was at 10.30am so she came with me to work and was in her school uniform as I was going to drop her back after the visit. Hmmmmm.
She did keep joking to David at work that she wasn't going back to school and that she would be having the day off. Hmmmmm.
So after the checkup and clean the dental nurse calls in the dental surgeon (who I adore because she saved Bears front teeth last year when he came off his ripstick AND because she did the emergency surgery on him when she was suppose to be hosting a huge garden party at her house!) Dr K tells Lu the tooth should go and she can "wiggle it right out". Lu is pretty calm until she gets the needle which hurts as we all know and then get almost hysterical when Dr K tries to "wiggle" the tooth out. Its hard to know what to do... both my sister and I get really emotional when we have local anaesthetics (very "special" aren't we) so crying at the dentist is a regular thing for us. It seem like Lulu was having the same type of reaction. After three huge "wiggles" the tooth was out but poor Lulu was a mess. I carried her out of the surgery and everyone was sort of laughing at my huge baby. We sat for ages in the car and back at work just hugging and calming her down... poor thing it was all a bit traumatic for her. Bear was funny last night when he was going to bed he came in and said to me "I hope Lu has learnt her lesson and looks after her teeth now like I do" ...such a wise old man ;-)
The Tooth Fairy gave her $5 for the tooth and she has kept the tooth to show at school(I guess the TF has to come back later for the tooth!).
6 comments:
That is a huge tooth. I get emotional at the dentist too...like full on crying and swearing. I don't do well there and it is very embarrasing.
well done Lulu and well done Mum for being very brave!!!
I just went to the dentist with Harry and he had to have a needle to finish off putting a filling in.....and I was teary too!!!
I don't have great experiences with dentists cause... DENTISTS = PAIN in my book, well actually anyone who's had braces I think, hey Liz!
well done for being a supermum and pulling through (no pun intended) for her!!! x x x Love your blog, keep it up, and yes, we all feel like we're not so sure about life and decisions we make!
One thing I do know that is steady and sure is God, so that makes all things do-able!!!
Luv ya
x x x
Brooke, I'm glad its not just me who behaves badly at the dentist (that is when I don't cancel the apt!)
Nic thanks so much for your beautiful words. I cant wait to see (and give you a big hug) in June.
Hope your new job is going well
Love ya E x
PS Braces were the worst!
PPS I Hope Harry recovered well from his trip to the tooth Dr.
I don't blame her for crying. I have had 16 teeth pulled at the dentist. 8 baby teeth and 8 adult teeth (4 insisors and 4 wisdom teeth). I cried so much! Now I have found a dentist I love and he has not taken any of my teeth from me. I usually fall asleep in the chair now.
i see you found the comment page. :-)
to: Fredy family...........can I come and take your dentist to our city!!! I'd love to feel calm enough to fall asleep in the dentists chair!!!!;) lol
Post a Comment