Friday, February 26, 2010

Lily


This is Lily ... and Lulu and Bear.
After reading about the killer whale that drowned its trainer at Sea World I feel slightly bad that Lily is pimped out for peeps to pose with.
But Lily is lucky because she lives in a fantastic Zoo that basically exists to educate the punters about saving the worlds wildlife and raises money for that cause. Lily only "works" for about an hour a day and I think if she gets too bored they give her a small tantrum chucking child to chew on. Even though I *cough* dislike (would never hold one / don't like to look at them/ lock myself in the bathroom when there is one on our property) snakes, lizards and frogs I was comfortable with the kids holding Lily at the zoo because her handler was about 50cm away from her the whole time. I think all Zoos should be like the one my niece works at or like my favourite zoo in the world Singapore Zoo . There would be less Good Animals Gone Bad tales then.

2 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

oh yeah. they were five seconds away from being the next CNN headline.

House of Smiths said...

Whew! I still think it's scary! LOL
But what a great picture!
Shelley