
We put the tree up yesterday. Bear started out by "supervising" but got into the act pretty quickly. The kids love hanging the ornaments they have each made over the years, but this year I have kept some ornaments (made in pre school etc) because they are just too precious to get knocked around on the tree, I also need to find a better way to store them. 

This is the only shot of the kids not doing Gansta rap signs...

Does your nativity scene have a Santa to watch over the flock? These little figurines will be arranged and re arranged (mainly by Lulu) everyday until we pack them away. I walk past them and find Joseph talking to Santa or Mary off having a cup of tea... It makes me smile.PS. please ignore my messy lounge room - we are renovating (that has no relevance on why my lounge room is messy... its just seems to be the excuse of the month)
PPS. I have no idea why my pics are blurry... and to find out I would have to read a camera manual (which I'm allergic to).
2 comments:
I love the home-made ornaments best too. I love that your kids make Gangsta rap signs in pictures. My kids are too little to do that but they stick out their tongues or do stupid faces in every shot.
RE: Storing Christmas Decorations.
My Mum taught me a little trick a long, long time ago and I still use this tried and true idea year after year.
When you pack away the deco's take each ornament and wrap it separate in a tissue (or clean non-pattern napkin). Store in a box until next year.
It is a lovely surprise from year to year as you unpack each one for its next year to dazzle your tree.
They look clean and sparkly and last for years.
Be warned - you will get bored with the same ol', same ol' year after year but if you have a fav then it will be a tresured family air loom and your kids will get a kick out from all your TLC.
Maybe you might part with one or two of the special ones when they start to have their own trees in their own homes!
Post a Comment