Friday, December 11, 2009

Class Party and Peggy the Pirate




Lulu reminded me Wednesday night that she had her class break up party the next day and she needed a Secret Santa gift (less than $5) and a plate of food to share (no junk food, nuts or honey) Its all very specific!
In my fridge I had a loaf of white bread, six eggs, 1/2 packet of bacon (that was at the back of my freezer) and 1/2 container of cream... she got to take mini quiches. I also sacrificed the emergency block of chocolate I was hiding in the back of the fridge for the Secret Santa ('cos that is just what a 9 year wants - a family size block of Cadburys finest).
Anyway the class party was a sucess I gather although the child that ended up with the chocolate as their Secret Santa gift complained that not enough thought was put into their gift....Oops.
Lulu also had her end of year play for her drama club. Nanna (David's Mum) came to watch "Peggy the Pirate" and it was really good. The kids did well to remember lines etc and Lulu is very much looking forward to drama club starting up again next year.


These shorts are way to short (now that I have seen these pics)... I will have to put them in the St Vinnies bag when she is not looking- does anybody else have to do that?

2 comments:

House of Smiths said...

K, this post made me laugh... I can't believe that you came up with quiche! HELLO! how creative are YOU!? lol.
And WHO in the WORLD complains about chocolate!?
I would have popped the kid one, and grabbed my chocolate back! :) jk.
Ooo... speaking of a dark delish treat... I think I need a couple of my frozen chocolate chips in the freezer....
gotta go.
~Shelley

brooke said...

First, What child does not love chocolate--he should be grateful! Second, I'm impressed you threw together the quiches--I would have been stumped with the no junkfood rule. Third, I say let her keep the shorts--she is young and skinny and still looks cute in them.