Of course the list is long and ongoing, but these are the things I don't understand at the mo.
- Why does Christmas = spending. I'm not totally thick I get that we celebrate the birth of baby Jesus by exchanging gifts... but I do not understand why every time I turn on the tele or read the newspaper all the ads are trying to persuade me to buy a house before Christmas or a lounge suite or get a new car...
- Our obsession with Tiger Woods dark side... OK he was suppose to be so squeaky clean that the fall from grace was spectacular... but I'm so over the media reporting on he and his wife's every move. So she bought a house on an island , so he eats cereal all day and hits golf balls at night, so she is taking the kids out of America for Christmas, so his mum is cranky with him....... WHO CARES .... the man is a dirty pig and shock horror another professional athlete plays aways from home... move on media.
- Why my computer at work got a virus... even when I paid a computer guy good money to install anti virus something (I'm rubbish at computers and I don't listen) and why that virus had to be the one that causes cough "adult" cough pictures to pop up on my screen...I work with 10 males ...the computer guy really can't come and fix my dirty pig computer fast enough... It's very awkward when the nice lady from the shop next doors comes to wish us Merry Christmas and my computer is behaving like Tiger Woods.
- The Office and my lack of watching it... Stupid Channel Ten finally puts the best show on earth aka The Office on at a decent time (last season it was on at 11pm Tuesday night so I saw ummmm NONE of the episodes and ended up buying it on ebay) and then they get all stupider and put it on 2 times a week. So what with Christmas activities and general busyness going on I have seen one episode and I will have to buy this season off ebay.
- Christmas Cards ... or the lack of them. Each year the amount of Christmas cards I receive gets less and less. I think I will be the only one sending them soon... I get people are busy and Christmas Cards aren't a priority to them.... but for me they are almost the best thing about the season and I'm a bit sad they are on the way out.
- My ever decreasing energy level or why I don't seem to care that I am hosting a boxing day lunch and my house is filthy , my fridge is empty and I haven't even really decided on what I'm serving... David became my favourite person today when he told me Christmas Day was on Friday not Thursday.
4 comments:
www.hulu.com - free current tv shows. I suggest that you also start watching Glee. It is in competition with the Office. Also Commuinty. :-)
This is my new favorite post ever. I love that your husband told you Christmas day is on Friday, not Thursday and he is your new favorite!
You are getting a Christmas card from me when I get off my rump and go to the post office to mail it.
I'm with you on Christmas spending and the Tiger thing. Tiger is sooo boring and I was over it a week ago.
My favorite part of this post is how your computer is acting like Tiger! Perfect.
Mrs Fredy - thanks for the heads up on hulu.. if I can get in in the Antipodes I'll be set.
Brooke - you have so many good reasons for sitting on your rump...don't be going postal on my account. Also your Tiger post inspired this post.
Ex
I agree with all of the above Liz! So nice to see what you're up to and that you had a good Chrissy celebration!
mwah
Post a Comment