No pics as our camera was out of juice... I may have to nick some off my nieces Stalkbook pages.
I was a bit worried about how our Christmas morning would go as Santa was on a very strict budget this year due to the fact that we are going on a family holiday next year that involves going up north for Joel and Krys wedding and then flying to Singapore & Thailand for 2 weeks. The trip away was the "gift" but I was worried that the kids would struggle to see how something happening next year was a good reason for their Santa sacks lacking the bulge. A few times leading up to Chrissy day either Dave or I felt like buckling and thought about doing some panic buying of gifts (okay that was just me) . We held strong and of course when stupid leaves and sense returns we realised that the kids would be fine with opening 2 gifts (Lulu got pool toys and a music voucher Bear got a music voucher and the equivalent pool toy cash) and sticking to our budget and going on a family trip was the best gift we could give them.
Christmas morning after the gifts had been opened (Dave got a gardening hat and a leather bracelet thingy Lulu bought at the Church craft market and a Fleetwood Mac DVD from Bear and I got perfume from Dave and body wash from the kids) Dave cooked poached eggs and we sat down to a family breakie.
We went to Chrissy lunch at Cath & Andrew's and had the most amazing feast that included
Turducken (chicken stuffed in duck stuffed in turkey - this was so tasty I am now almost a convert) Garlic beef, Risotto balls, pork belly, pumpkin pie, cauliflower cheese, beans, gravy and glazed ham...... then rum pie, trifle and chocolates for desert.
The rest of the day involved a lot of sitting around digesting lunch funnily enough. We also managed to scream out a few sing star battles and open our family secret Santa gifts (yes more gifts!)
My sis and her husband are the best hosts and it was a really great day.
2 comments:
Sounds like a great day and I'm relieved to hear what Turducken is. It actually sounds good. I think it's great that your family is going on holiday as your gift. I would kill to go to Thailand for two weeks. I would love to take my family to Disneyland next year instead of my kids getting all the dumb toys they never look at again after Christmas but they are too young to understand why Santa didn't bring anything because they are going on a trip. Maybe when they get older.
By the way, you all did look really relaxed in the pool. It's FREEZING here. I'm jealous.
Brooke, delayed gratification is just one of the good things about the kids getting older... that and I haven't had to change a nappie for a long time!!!!
Ex
Post a Comment