Friday, December 4, 2009

It's too soon


I think I will be thinking this phrase at each and every milestone the kids reach. It feels too soon for Bear to be finishing primary school and going off to high school next year. Just like I'm sure it will feel too soon when he gets a (serious) girlfriend, starts driving a car and then finishes high school. That's parenting for you... the nights you are up with your babies nursing them or rocking them back to sleep seem to drag on at a snails pace yet when you look back at primary school finishing it has past in the blink of an eye.

Bear had his graduating ceremony last night. It was such a good fun night for the kids and as parents we got to reflect on what our children have achieved during their time at primary school. The kids sang a song (Shine On from Jet) and did two dance performances. We are very proud of Bear as he received an achievement award for diligence in his academic work and he was also a recipient of a bursary award for being the student who showed the most maturity, positive attitude, care for others and good behaviour in his year (one was given to a girl and boy). His Grandparents and Auntie Cath came to support him and he is very lucky to have such wonderful extended support surrounding him. Like ALL kids Bear has great days and days when David & I want to sell him... but after last night we have decided we are definitely keeping him!






4 comments:

House of Smiths said...

Okay, really... he is SO CUTE!... oh I'm sorry, that's not cool anymore... I mean... He is SO HOT! lol
You better watch out for those crazy girls, who are going to be after him! :)
~Shelley

brooke said...

Congrats to Bear. I agree that the days drag on but the years fly by. You look darling in the photos.

Elizabeth said...

Hey thanks Shelley for that great cheeky comment...I agree you have to watch out for those girls!

Brooke thanks for the congrats (for the boy) Also thanks for the shout out for looking darling... I edit heavily for this blog :-)

The Fredy Family said...

How did the family pictures go??