Saturday, November 28, 2009

Random thoughts of the self absorbed kind

  • I went to the gym and timed my running session for the first time... and it was pitiful. Unfortunately I got the looks great/not so great at the helping gym person for my session. She pretty much turned the treadmill on and walked away... doesn't she realise I pay good $$ to be fawned over oops I mean encouraged? My time was embarrassing but also so slow I can only get faster. I ran for 1km and it tool me nearly 20 minutes! so If I don't get any faster/fitter it will take me an hour to run an hour and 40 minutes to do the 5km Bridge to Bris run next year. I am going to get both fitter and faster I'm sure ;-)

  • I love love love Powderfinger's new album 'Golden Rule'. The song -All of the Dreamers sounds like they bottled the essence of Brisvegas and turned it into a song... or something like that.


  • I am reading the most disturbing book. It is called Killer Company by Matt Peacock. The (mainly) Australian company Hardie Industries produced building products right up until the mid 1980's with a product called asbestos which they knew contained cancer and other deadly diseases. The statistics contained within the book that show how many people who worked for the company in its factories as well as builders and home handymen who came into contact with the asbestos products and latter died is staggering. I think books such as these should be compulsory text for business studies in school.
  • David and Bear went and watched Australia vs the West Indies Cricket match yesterday and stayed overnight with David's family. I got a few txt's from Bear telling me how good the food was in the VIP tent!
  • It rained yesterday and that is fantastic news because we were going to have to buy water to top up our water tanks, hopefully this rainfall will keep us going for a bit longer.

1 comment:

brooke said...

At least you were on the treadmill this weekend. It has been soooo long since I've ran...other than to the fridge.