Tuesday, November 17, 2009

These Days

Wow some of my blog titles are really lame.
Moving on
Bear: We went back to the fracture clinic yesterday. Our appointment was for 9am so he wore his school uniform as I was going to drop him back to school and try to make it to work for a bit. Haha we walked out of the hospital at 2.25pm. First we waited then saw a Dr (at 10.30am) who sent Bear to get the cast removed, then we waited some more and then got another X Ray then back to the Dr (who looked as pleased as me to be there) then Bear got a new cast put on. I am in no way rubbishing the public hospital as I think they do a fantastic job with the resources they have, but its a bit frustrating as we have private health cover but I cant get a Private appointment for Bear until next year (very helpful)...and as he was admitted through Accident and Emergency they don't want to transfer him (even if I could find a orthopedic Dr to take him).The break isn't healing that well so the new cast is bigger. Poor Bear he is missing swimming lessons at school and summer cricket. This child loves sport so I think the consequences of jumping on a quad bike (when you have no idea how to ride it ) are really resonating with him. Even though the day was long the bright happy spot was we had 1/2 hour before we picked Lulu up from school so we got to grab some lunch together and discuss the pros and cons of Subway.
Lulu: My baby girl is struggling with some social issues at school. It breaks mine and David's heart to see her upset and see some of the physical symptoms of stress (headaches, upset tummy) in her. We went to our wonderful family Doctor yesterday and today I had a meeting with her teacher... It was all positive and has reinforced to us (Dave and I) that all we can do with the kids is try to make them as resilient as possible and equip them with the social skills to deal with conflict etc... Of course its a hard time of year, its hot (35 degrees here today), It's the end of the school year so everyone is tired and there are extra activities going on for end of year concerts and graduation. Its just life.
David: is older... he had his Birthday Party on Sunday and it was brill. Pics to come.
Me: I am struggling this week I think I'm tired from life ;-) not to worry I will be lucky enough to get up tomorrow and try it all again.
Ex

1 comment:

brooke said...

What a nightmare at the hospital. I hope thingsg get better for Lulu. I can totally relate to that.

I can't wait to see pics of David's party. I'm sure it was amazing!