Monday, November 9, 2009

Broken Bear

I think there is a strong correlation between how badly you want to do something and how high the chances are of the universe laughing at you. Saturday rolls around and I drop Bear and his friend off a a birthday party. I drive across town to pick up my nieces for the card making afternoon. I am pretty much at my friends house (who is hosting the craft afternoon) when my phone rings... "Bear has come off a quad bike and has done something to his hand". I take Lulu inside and she skips off to make cards and I turn around and drive back across town to pick Bear up. We (my nieces, Bear and I) stay at the Accident & Emergency part of the hospital for 4 hours whilst Bear gets x-rays and a cast for a broken finger and thumb.
Poor thing! He was on a constant stream of Nurofen for the first few days and is now just annoyed at all the sport and school activities he is missing. I have no idea how Ali (the photographer) is going to hide the cast next weekend when we get our family pics done...
Hopefully the cast isn't on for too long and I find enough cotton wool to wrap my kids in before the Christmas card making class next month!

2 comments:

The Fredy Family said...

I would assume that it is warmer weather in Australia right now but I could be wrong. If it isn't too hot maybe you all wear "fall" type outfits and the cast could easily be hidden with a long shirt or jacket. But even if it is showing it is something to remind you of that time in Bear life when he was enjoying being a boy and getting hurt. Cole has many "owies" in photos and I am surprised he has not broken anything yet. He has however punched two holes in his tongue with his teeth and then 24 hours later fell face first into barbed wire and had a staple put in his head. Boys are so fun aren't they!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Hello Aimee,Wow Cole's injuries sound painful! Bear had stitches in his head when he was Cole's age, boys hey!
Thanks for the advice - Its spring at the moment and fairly warm here in Queensland, so we may just have to accommodate the cast.
Have a great Day