Friday, November 20, 2009

This is how 37 looks on him




So Dave had a birthday and pretty much the whole weekend was devoted to him! We even took Friday off together to run around and do errands ... this could actually have been the best present as it was bliss to be together and have lunch and actually finish a couple of sentences.
Saturday was sport day for David and the kids and I cleaned up and made the curry (that could have just been me). David also managed to do some last minute things in the garden and it showed the garden and downstairs area rocks at the moment.
The kids set the table and the green and white looked lovely. David and I went to the nursery on Friday and picked up some white Agapanthus and Bougainvillea to match in with the yard and table... Aggie are some of my favourite plants/flowers.

My gorgeous Nieces were such a huge help (as always) I'm so lucky to have them.

This is David's wonderful Mum giving him his pressie.

"Happy Birthday to you...'

The menu for the day was

Nibble Platter

Duck and Pickled Lime Balls with lime dipping sauce

Chicken Korma Curry

Prawn Balti Curry

Riata , Mango Chutney and Poppadoms

Triffle
Chocolate Truffle Cake


We all had a fantastic day and I only freaked out once before the guests arrived (this is a huge accomplishment for me) and even then it was minor and the girls just laughed at me.
David rang me on Monday and said "thank you so much for my party" and I said it was my pleasure and for the most part it was!


























2 comments:

brooke said...

37 looks great on your husband--good guy. The party looks amazing. I love your covered patio and the way you set the table. You really know how to throw a party!

Elizabeth said...

Hey thanks Brooke, yep Dave is one of the good guys for sure. I laughed when you said I know how to throw a party... it has only taken me 37 years! I loved Ashley's post about the coach who threw chairs and your Mum turning into him before guests arrive - I totally relate. Keeping my shite together on the day was def one of Dave's presents. E