ok that is a compete exaggeration but it was pretty bad.
I woke with a bit of a sense of dread about today... no idea why but I felt like I had a dark cloud over me as soon as I opened my eyes. I woke Bear up at 6.30am telling him that it was a) 6.30am and b) he needed to get ready to go to his sport. He replied that a) don't wake him up at 6.30 and b) he didn't have to be at the oval til 8.30. Fine. I drank coffee uninterrupted (this was the best part of my day for a while) until the phone rang at 7.15. Its Bears coach asking him where he was and why wasn't he at the oval at 7am like he should be. The child has played the sport for 4 years... he should know what time he needs to be where. This is when I struggle with parenting 101 as we are trying to let Bear take more responsibility for his actions, his belongings and his schedule of activities... that is the easy part - standing by when the consequences come down on him is the hard part. We keep telling Bear his new motto is "If its meant to be Its up to me...and I can do Anything"... He just smiles and asks me where his socks are.
So I was feeling craptastic about the stellar start to the day Bear was having, the dark cloud was still with me, D had toddled off for the day to his sport and it wasn't even 8 o'clock.
I text my friend to see if we could go to a movie or coffee later in the weekend to give me a bit of light on the horizon but she wasn't able to get away so I ploughed on.
I realised that one of the reasons for my bad mood was the incredible mess most of my storage cupboards were in and Ive been really impressed with a blogger named Shelley who has amazing abilities to turn ordinary areas like the laundry into clean refreshing spaces (I'm not sure what the linking etiquette is so I wont link her ) and her advice is to just clean and organise one space at a time. I started pulling stuff out of a cupboard that is so in need of a clean out I cant close the doors properly... imagine that its so full of rubbish I cant squash anymore in. I pulled down a box that once had 4 wine glasses in it (it now only has one so that is NOT a good use of space right there people) and managed to pull a stupid heavy glass jug down ONTO MY HEAD and then MY FOOT. It shatters into a million pieces with a few of those pieces ending up in my toe.
I give up cleaning ... a bleeding foot is a sure sign to not clean out the cupboard today.
Lulu and I then get organised to take back some books and DVDs to the library. That goes ok except on the way I start to get very scared and anxious that something very bad is going to happen to us because I'm in such a crappy mood... like I may "attract" it. I tell Lulu that I'm feeling a bit blah but its nothing to do with her and she says "its ok Mum I was feeling really tired and grumpy after New Years Eve remember" this makes me smile cos she thinks she has only ever had one bad mood and it was after New Years Eve remember.
Drop off books etc and half way back to car it starts pouring... we both get soaked and its a good thing I'm wearing black. Car is soaked, new books are soaked and Lulu is soaked.
Pick Bear up from the oval ... His team had a win but his teammate broke his collarbone and Bear got a duck , so his day didn't get any better after the coaches call either.
Now all of the above was just a warm up to the best part of my day.
I ran out of petrol on the was home.
Of course I ran out of fuel in the middle of town which was great because both random strangers and several friends could drive past and see that I am an idiot who isn't organised enough to put fuel in her car. I rang the car club assistance guy and after about 25 mins he turns up with some fuel (the car club assistance membership saves David about 1 Divorce each year because he is never available).
Luckily the rest of the day was sort of drama free (does finding 3 off prawns at the back of the fridge and nearly chucking up count as drama free?). Roll on better days.
1 comment:
I don't know why this post didn't show up on my bloglines but I'm ready to dump bloglines.
What a crappy day. This just goes to show you should never clean out your cupboards. At least no one died or was seriously injured--except your toe!
I'm so glad other people run out of gas too. I thought I was the only one with that problem. My husband doesn't understand it but I honestly don't notice even when the red light comes on my dashboard. Thank goodness for the car club assistant!
Post a Comment