- Brad and Ang are apparently on the rocks... I find this disturbing because if two people with great genes, loads of dosh, fulfilling pursuits (the UN for goodness sake) and NANNIES can go to splitsville what hope have us ugly peeps who work 38 hour weeks got? I also find it disturbing that I believe everything on the nine msn website and that I have dedicated more than one sentence to this topic.
- The Weekend Aus newspaper ran the most disturbing pic of an older boy child (about Bears age) in Haiti who was bashed and left bleeding in a riot for food...I haven't been able to get the image or the Haiti situation out of my head all weekend. The country is a failed state in practical terms and was limping along with a lot of help from UN peacekeepers before the wreck and devastation of the earthquake...I can only image the horror of what is happening on the ground now. Like everyone else I hope that the aid and the aid workers can alleviate the most pressing and dire situations and triage the wounded etc and organise some housing/shelter for these poor people... long term I hope there is enough political will and aid from the more developed countries to help get some decent governance ...the Haitians deserve this and so much more.
- Brown or Blonde? Before Christmas I had possible the worst haircut and colour evah... I don't blame my hairdresser (much) I am useless at getting across my hair desires (which is strange because in real life I'm so bossy). anyhoo the blonde I am at the moment is everything I hate about being blonde... its yellow / sort of orange and I need to wash it almost everyday with super strong purple toner shampoo & conditioner ... which is hurting my scalp and making my regrowth a strange dark purple colour... it's a good look people. I have been thinking for a while that the maintenance of blond hair (I'm naturally a light brown colour) is too expensive and time consuming and I actually only like my hair for 2 weeks of the 6 weeks between appointments. So I could stop the whinging and go brown... I aalso need to stop changing my hairstyles and just stick to a style and colour (can anyone say short attention span).
.jpg)
Brown and shorter...... Feel free to tell me your preference.
- Fake blogs... did you know there are fake family blogs? me neither until I read about it... what is it about the interweb that makes peeps think today I will create a blog about me and my imaginary family?
- Budgeting ... thanks for all your great advice guys. Since posting about saving money I have paid out for Council rates for the house and Council fees for our renovations and my ipod has officially died. The ipod will not be replaced until we go OS and this makes me sad cos I love listening to music on it...but bad luck.
- D had to go away for work late last week... it sucked and I didn't sleep and I cant believe that when Bear was a baby D spent weeks and even months away working. It didn't help that he flew into a cyclone... he is home now (earlier than expected yay) and I'm looking forward to a relaxing nights sleep. Its a bit sad that I have a huge list in my mind of why I could never get rid of D... I don't know how to light our pot belly heater, I cant work out the pool filter and I cant sleep on my own are just some of the reasons (lest you think I am a bad wife he knows about the list and oftens adds things to it for me).
- Aussie Day is Tuesday and I think it is SAD that I don't want to take the kids to the beach for a picnic because of stupid racists ugly bogans who think Aussie Day is great day to get drunk and wrap a flag around themselves and start fights...I have been in Canada for Canada Day and it was very patriot and uplifting... I wish we could get some of that here.
- I got a dress for my brothers wedding...and I'm not sure if I like it or if the only good going out shoes I have "go" with it... and I'm NOT buying more shoes... the dress probably needs a post of its own I have so many issues about it (sad I know). The dress in gunmtal grey "storm" actually and my shoes are black patent...thoughts?
2 comments:
I vote for dark/short hair. But, then again, I'm a fan of short hair - on me, anyway. I always feel more "put together" with my hair short, you know?
Thanks Amanda.. I think I'm going to brunette for a while.
Post a Comment