Monday, January 4, 2010

NYE 2009

Nick, Trac and B

DJ & Cath

The Boys and their Girls

Doesn't he look happy he got his own way...

Uncle Andrew with injured hand but still smiley

Uncle Nick and E grooving

Bear and G rocking on

Thumbs up from Aunty Cath
My niece and Bear singing to Britney Baby

All we want to do is dance...

Before Christmas I reluctantly agreed to host a NYE gathering at home. I was completely talked into it by David who loves both New Years Eve and parties and the combination of both just sends him giddy. I knew I would be worn out by the Christmas activities and that on new years day we were driving up to see David's Dad and his partner Joy for a few days.... so I sort of accidentally on purpose forgot about the NYE party ... until I got phone calls from people who were invited,asking what food etc they could bring... make a note people denial only works when everyone is in on it.

Of course the night was a heap of fun and after some delicious food we all danced, danced and did a bit more dancing...
David was really excited about going to the fish market and getting Sydney rock oysters and making special Kilpatrick Oysters for starters. Unfortunately he and Andrew were sort of trying to see who could shuck them the fastest and Andrew slipped and cut his hand! We also had garlic prawns and roasted wagyu beef which was cooked to perfection by Cath and Andrew. My niece made a tower of cupcakes that my kids ate for the next 4 days and my SIL Trace made a fresh mango cheesecake... we were so blessed with great food.

After the clock struck 12 (which came about really fast surprisingly) we all jumped in the pool to cool off before bedtime.

Don't tell David but I'm glad we had a party to say good bye to 2009 and welcomed in 2010 with lots of people we love.

4 comments:

House of Smiths said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! And LOTS of yummy food... mmmm.
here's to a great 2010!
Shelley

brooke said...

I love this line "denial only works when everyone is in on it." So true.

vyc said...

Happy New Year, looks like you saw it in with style, unlike me who slept right through. Glad you had a great night, x

Christie said...

Jumped in the pool to COOL OFF on NYE? Color me jealous. I think our high today is supposed to be 11 degrees farenheit! I think I should head south.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. You, my dear, are welcome to de-lurk ANYTIME.