Monday, January 4, 2010

My life without me


I have been looking for this DVD (not very hard mind you just at the library and Civic Video) for a while ,and a couple of days before Christmas I found it on the DVD shelf at the library. This Canadian film was released in 2003 so as per usual I'm so up with my pop culture.
The story sounds very tragic and sad so lots of people, especially mothers might be put off by the subject matter. The film is about a young Mum who finds out she has terminal cancer with about 2 months left ... so she sets about crossing all the things on her "to do before I die" list. Some of these things include finding a new wife for her husband and trying out false nails. I really loved the way this story was told and whilst I did cry at the end - it wasn't a sad sad movie... it was more uplifting and romantic and it provides a huge nudge to us all to live our lives to the fullest and be kind to the ones we love.
It also helps that this movie had two of the most handsome men as leading actors in it.

3 comments:

House of Smiths said...

Ooo! I'll have to get this. Maybe netflix carries it?
I'll have to check. I'm such a baby, with sad movies... so hopefully it's not too bad. LOL
Shelley

brooke said...

This looks so good and I know I would cry my eyes out. I love Scott Speedman--is that his name--from Felicity? Nice call.

Elizabeth said...

The young Dad was Scott Speedman and he is very yummy!