Monday, January 18, 2010

Most boring post ever

This post is about the past weekend but it has no pics cos I forgot to take my camera (hence boring).
David and I went to the city for the weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was great, we stayed in a hotel like this:
Ate (some of ) the worst meal we have ever paid for (David's cooking doesn't count).
and David watched this for hours at a time on a king size tv lying on a king size bed...
Obviously we still had the best time.
Whenever we go and stay in the city (usually with the kids) I plan, plan and then plan some more trying to squeeze in every last thing I want to see or do or visit lots of restaurants I want to eat at. It's relaxing (not) and the last time we went Bear and Lulu revolted (or became revolting... same thing) and refused to do alot of the planned activities ...can you imagine!

Previous visit - May 2008 before a revolt at the museum.
This weekend I really wanted to do as little as possible and we did. We got to the city Friday night and had a some really yummy food at a wine bar next to the hotel. Saturday we had breaky at the hotel then walked through the city , came back to the hotel and watched "Time Travellers Wife" (don't bother its lame) then watched a wedding in the hotel garden from our hotel window. We had tea at one of the city's top restaurants (according to the 2010 wine and food guide) which was both bland and tasteless (my prawn risotto) and burnt and bitter (Daves lamb)...oh well you cant win them all I guess. Sunday after breaky we headed back to the coast to pick up the kids from my SIL and BIL. Sunday afternoon was spent watching Bear play his first cricket game back after his broken hand... he did well as did I for remaining awake for the entire game...
Even though I feel like my budget is a hot mess with Christmas and School supplies ... getting away without the kids is very good for the whole family... if that makes sense.

7 comments:

The Fredy Family said...

All parents need time away!!! Sounds like it was perfectly quiet!

vyc said...

Am glad you enjoyed your weekend, altho I cannot believe you forgot your stinking camera! Hello, you have a clear responsibility to us, your stalkers to keep us up to date with as much info and as many pictures as you can. Shame on you!
(Yes, it would appear I am still living my life through you!)

brooke said...

Even the worst weekend away is better than the best weekend at home with the kids in my book. I'm glad you got to relax and enjoy each other.

Elizabeth said...

Vyc, I'm trying to work our if it was all a dream because if you cant blog the pics ... then did it really happen???

vyc said...

Going by that theory my dear, I really do know Clive Owen intimately. And George Clooney. Possibly Brad Pitt too. Woohoo.

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Thanks sooo much for your comment - it means a ton!

Amanda Gibson said...

Sounds like fun! It's nice that you and your husband were able to take time away together - even if the food was bad!