Am I spinifex?
Am I a Platypus?
Are we the Minogue Sisters?
Am I a Wombat?
After whinging about how many bogans try to wreck Australia Day... I decided I would be the changed I wanted to see... or something profound like that and hold an Aussie Day lunch to celebrate just how lucky we are to be Australian. Of course I sent out invites the day before and all most of our peeps were way more organised and had better offers... oh well we still had a ball.
We played Famous Aussie Heads : which makes excellent use of sticky notes. Everyone writes down a famous Aussie person or Icon or animal and sticks it on another persons forehead. You then ask yes or no questions just like Celebratory heads. It was such good fun and great for the kids to be versing the adults.
This was followed with not a particularly Australian lunch (ham prawns salad and baked potato) and fantastic deserts made by Bear and his cousin DJ Chocolate cake and Banana muffins. YUM! Don't ask me why we had ham again... David and I went shopping for the food provisions and ended up with Ham and Prawns ... and yes everyone is sick of both after Christmas ... we always feel such pressure when feeding my sis and BIL as they are both fantastic chefs AND work in the food industry ... the upside to this is having dinner at their house is like going to a 5 star restaurant. A couple of weeks ago we went their for tea and had Chicken & Seafood Laksa, Pork Won tons , Whole Snapper with Tamarind sauce and spicy chicken. Some of the best food I have ever tasted has been cooked by my Mother in law, my Bro in law and my sister so we are indeed very lucky.
2 comments:
I am actually commenting about your last post because I never saw it on my bloglines. I'm so with you on Brad and Angelina--If they split--how are the rest of us supposed to make it? Luckily, I know if I left Sam, I would need a lot of plastic surgery before I could get back "on the market" and I don't have that kind of money so I'm staying (obviously for other reasons as well!)
Agreed on all the points--as for your hair--I like it both ways. I hate being a brunette and will be going back to blond as soon as I can afford it.
As for your shoes and dress combo for the wedding, I think black shoes are the way to go with a gunmetal gray dress. I love black patent so I vote yes. We need a photo.
Brooke so good to hear from you Lovey. You crack me up and I hear you on the "back on the market" thing - way too much work needed here!
Post a Comment