Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just Keep Swimming

Lulu Aged 5.

In our house the movie Finding Nemo is gold. The kids will still stick it on every six months or so and we all still crack up at it. Some of the lines that Ellen DeGeneres says as Dory have become short hand in our fam to either make someone smile or annoy a sibling. Bruce the shark, Dory & Crush the surfer dude turtle ... we love them all.


The reason I am rabbiting on about all this?

Lucy starts at her new school on Monday. We found out Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday night was spent in tears. I expected that. Lulu and I visited Siena and met her new teacher Wednesday and got her uniforms as well. By Thursday morning she had pretty much made peace with the changes and at times shows excitement for a new class and a new school.
Through it all I have said the phrase "just keep swimming" a lot. To both Lucy and to myself.
Keep us all in your thoughts for Monday
Thanks
Ex

4 comments:

vyc said...

You know my feelings on this ... she will be fine! Breathe!!

Amanda Gibson said...

Sending good thoughts your way.

Jacko said...

When she will not change your nappy when you're 85 you will not have to look far for the reason! Love to all.

brooke said...

That is a darling picture of her at five!

I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck! She will be fine.