Thursday, March 17, 2011

I love me a honeymoon

Even if I have never been on one ;-)

Lucy's first week of school could not be going any better. She love love loves her teacher, her classmates, the bus ride commute, the uniform and Siena in general. She rang her Nanna yesterday to tell her all about it and I heard her say her favourite thing was saying "God bless you " to her teacher after the morning prayer. Before she changed school she was very worried that she wouldn't have any friends at Siena. She told me that having a friend who was sometimes nice to her (at Palmwoods) was better than the possibility of being the new kid and being nigel nofriend.
I told her that maybe there was a little girl at Siena who was kind and nice and a good friend to others but was just waiting for Lucy to arrive so she could have a best friend. At the time I didn't think she really understood what I was saying but yesterday she came up to me and said "I think Kendra might have been the one waiting for me Mum". It made my cold cold heart sing.



For her last day st PSS she made her classmates cupcakes and donuts. Unfortunately someone (like another 11 years old) stole half her cakes out of the fridge before she could share them ... yeah I'm going to leave that there.



Saying Bobbye.



Long may her smile shine!

I know its not called a honeymoon for nothing, reality will bite at some stage and that is ok. Dave and I are just stoked she has started out so well.

6 comments:

Angela said...

well done to all of you. I proud of Lulu for being a brave girl.

love and hugs all round

Jacko said...

Me too.

Unknown said...

Although it's great to expect the honeymoon to end, imagine if she just kept on loving it? Now that would be fabulous. Completely unrealistic, but anyhoo... I'd be proud too ;) xx

Amanda Gibson said...

Very cool that she loves her new school so much. See? All that worrying for nothing! I think that's our job as parents - worry, worry, worry - find out you didn't need to worry in the first place.....and then move on to the next thing to worry over. ;o)

Nicolee said...

awwwwwww Liz that is such AWESOME news that she loves her new school.........such a beautiful post....and BTW - you DON"T have a cold heart my friend!!!! mwah mwah

brooke said...

I couldn't be happier for her!