Back in Jan David flew to Darwin for the funeral of a very dear family friend. It was a very sad time for him but his whole family was together to say goodbye to Viktor and that was (in a way) a joy. Viktor was the person who picked David and his family up from the Darwin airport when they came to make a new life in Australia. He was a lifelong friend to the B family.
One of the activities Lucy and I did whilst he was away ( I get very very very bored when David goes away and this time I was pretty sad too) was a small section of The Great Walk. TGW is a series of bushwalks you can do throughout SEQld in the National parks. A section of it runs just behind us on the range. Its a good walk and with all the rain we have had the waterfalls were in full force. One of my goals for this year is to have the whole family do a larger section (overnight) of TGW. I have to hurry up as I don't want to do it in Winter... well I wouldn't mind doing it in the colder weather but I couldn't stand the whinging from the kids!!!
1 comment:
You have fun stuff to do in Oz. I miss Sam a ton when he travels as well. I hate going to bed alone.
I totally laughed about 50+ men sitting around in spandex in cafes with other men. Must be universal...
Post a Comment