Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Weekend at the Bay


























So last Friday afternoon we took off to visit David's Dad and Joy up at the Bay for the weekend. When we got there Joy was on a conference call having a job interview for a position to run the Education System for a small county in the middle of the Pacific Ocean... yep that is my MIL super smart and up for any challenge. If Joy gets the position they will go overseas for two years... which we all find a bit sad as having them a bit closer (geographically) the last 6 months has been a blast. We did endlessly tease Dad all weekend about being one of the housewives on the island whilst Joy was at work :-)


Dad and Joy have also just bought a little sailing boat (like a Hobie Cat but called a Paper Tiger) and Dave and the kids and Dad took it out and worked out the small repairs Dave is going to do on it. Lulu hated sailing (takes after her mother) as it was "too fast and Dad went too far out". Bear love love loved it (takes after his father) and much fun was had by all.






On Sunday morning my Dad and Jan (who live not far from the Bay) came over for a visit and breaky.




Joy David and my Dad



Here I am looking out to see trying to find my husband and kids...maybe.





Dad and I discussing such things as the proper way to act at the beach.



No idea why I have such a stupid face...


It was great to see my Dad and Jan and I'm really really proud of my Dad as he has given up the lungers after smoking for most of his life. After losing my Mum when she was so young anything happening to my Dad would just make me look careless... so well done Dad and thanks for visiting on Sunday (this visit was the first time my Dad and Jan had met Phil and Joy so I'm even more amazed at my Dad's ability to get through a family situation without 65 hits of Nicotine) . You rock Dad.

5 comments:

House of Smiths said...

LOL LOL LOL...

I'm still dying over the "stupid face" picture.
LOL.

I HATE when people snap a picture and your in the middle of a blink or head turn... or smile....
ha!
But it looks like you're about to pass gas or something.
I LOVE IT.
I don't know why it struck my funny bone, just now.
Maybe because it's late. LOL
~Shell

brooke said...

Your dad is truly awesome for giving up the smokes.

Oh and I think your whole life is a vacation...

vyc said...

Oh my, I haven't been to the bay for about 20 years, and I'd forgotten just how wave-less it is. Beautiful. Glad you had a good time, x

Nicolee said...

...with you on the sailing bit my friend!!! wayyyyy ttoooo farrr out there for me too!!
Looks like you had a great family get together! mah

Angela said...

OMG dad gave up smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantasitc, I'm so proud!!!!!!!