Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This House


One of the really "good" things about having your husband rebuild your house is that you have lots of time to decide what will go where and what design suits your (financial, physical and emotional... yes I just said emotional) needs. I have a lot of needs.

This house deserves about 40 posts on its own because that would reflect how much it consumes my life. In a nutshell we have decided NOT to go with extending the top floor and building in the ground floor in order to add an en suite, master bedroom, new kitchen and bathroom. Sorry if I bored you ridgid with all the stupid details of those plans ( Hello Vyc). What we HAVE decided to do is extend the top floor to accommodate all our living needs (add the new en suite , kitchen and bathroom up here) and leave downstairs as an entertaining area / deck / pool table teenagers retreat (If I still like my teenagers then).
So now that we have a plan and by that I mean I have actually seen David drawing up the plans on his little laptop, I can finish off some areas that will not be affected the plan. Wow I just wrote plan a lot.


When I say "I can finish off some areas" I mean I can supervise David and get him to do the hard labour to turn ugly muddy areas that once were going to be new kitchens, bathrooms or laundry's into nice clean dry paved areas.

Ah my work here is done. Sorta.

5 comments:

The Fredy Family said...

i supervise as well. I supervised the entire year it took to build the massive deck, which was built for my sanity.

We are planning smaller additions as well hopefully in the next year starting with the main living area and adding about 200 sqft. Redoing the kitchen (for a second time) will be part of that.

Fun times! Looking forward to seeing before and after pics!

Elizabeth said...

You supervise well Mrs F... your deck is fantastic!

vyc said...

I am so jealous of you. Not only because your husband owns (and actually uses) a tool belt, but because you have plans. I want plans. I have no plans. I have 'oops look what I did', but no plans. I look forward to you telling me your plans, over coffee, chicken wrap AND a movie.

Elizabeth said...

Vyc, Don't be jealous... I have seen plans before and then it was "oops whose Kidney is going to pay for this shite".
Also I am starting off a very very low base...don't make me list what you have already...en suite, rumpus room, husband who is happy to pay others to do work... oops I appear to be listing.
Ex

Nicolee said...

that area looks great Liz!
All our plans are in our heads still.......but nothing happening till we have our holiday this year...with hubby studying n all....don't know when next reno project will be underway!