Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Love is


Letting your Hubby pick the tile colours for the en suite.


Building a walk in robe with lots of special shoe size boxes for all your wife's shoes.


Saying no to your kids (with kids then having to find other things to do like jigsaw puzzles).


Helping your Dad for hours on a Saturday when you would really rather be playing Xbox. (no picture of that).





10 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

The hubby picked some great tile colors! Do you like it?

Those shoe sized boxes are just about the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!

Elizabeth said...

Lauren, I do like the colours and I think once the white stone vanity goes in it will like it even more. I would have gone for white white and more white!

Jacko said...

Can David come & live at my house? please. Love, Dad

Greg said...

Elizabeth--

I'm not sure what an "en suite" is, but what I love about this post is how real it is.

I think that one of the best, most important things about "real" love is that when you truly love someone you sacrifice your own desires and interests in favor of the person that you love--whether that be your spouse, your children, your parents and family, or your friends.

I think that each one of your examples demonstrates that concept. :)

Lauren in GA said...

Thanks for the answer!

Elizabeth said...

Greg, an ensuite is a bathroom and toilet that runs off the master bedroom ... well that is what we call it ;-) and we are adding one to our house.

I loved your comment on real love. Love can be so many things in a marriage and family hey.

Em said...

For real. If David wants to travel around the world and live at all of our houses (with you, of course!), that would be AMAZING.

Love that en suite, and this post. And I just took a real serious look at the big main picture at the top of your blog and it dawned on me how fabulous--and brilliant!-- it really is. I love that, too.

brooke said...

I am seriously coveting the built in shoe boxes....my whole closet is the size of a shoebox!

Rachel B. said...

Holy moly, that looks awesome! The bathroom and that shoe shelving...wow! I seriously love it! How exciting to be getting it done!

Annie Vowles said...

Hey Liz,

Shoes and you go hand in hand. (everyone who knows you, knows your dirty little secret!!!). I am sure David planned the shoe boxes and earnt some Brownie Points!!!! (good one Davie!!! xoxoxoxoxox)

Wow can not wait to see the whole renovation.

You are giving me good ideas for our place. We are on Version 4 now. Each version seems to make it harder to agree . . . . . maybe we should stop while we are ahead.

Love you lots. from Annie