Lulu has had a very challenging week. And by challenging I mean she has made some "poor choices" and her parents have yelled a lot. Its been ace.
It started off with a cracker on Monday morning. Riley and her were suppose to walk from my work to school together. A trip that should have taken them about 5 minutes. Well about halfway there Lulu decides to pull a Stevie Nicks and go her own way, Riley allegedly doesn't notice her missing until he gets to school without her. Later he said that he "had that sick feeling about losing her" but doesn't say anything to a teacher. What the ? Caring but unhelpful Bear.
Lucy ends up lost on campus and is escorted BY CAMPUS SECURITY to her school bawling her eyes out.
David and I are obliviously to all this Drama Rama.
That evening at tea when it was all being discussed and when I say discussed I mean lectured and lectured about I must have said something to Lucy like "what were you thinking! and what was campus security thinking having to escort you to school".
Lucy replies " Campus Security was probably thinking - Where is this kids Mother!"
Yep moving on...
We now have a digital recorder for the tv. Its great and I am becoming addicted to a whole bunch of crappy shows.
Yesterday Lucy and I were watching a recorded episode of Survivor. Coach was praying and asking God to help his team win the challenges. It was completely OTT especially as he was cheating and lying whilst doing it. Coach says to camera "We asked the big man upstairs to help us win and by his grace we have".
Lucy then says to me "Well that's stupid cos I'm pretty sure the big man upstairs doesn't even watch this shite".
Yep moving on...
9 comments:
How old is Lucy? that is hilarious! I loved the part about her saying that she thought Campus Security was probably thinking where her mother was!
Also, I am a big Survivor fan and the best part about Coach praying (and it might have been a different prayer) was that he prayed they would find the immunity idol when Coach already had it in his back pocket! (pretty much literally!)
I thought that was so wrong. I'm not sure how helpful God is likely to be as Coach "prays" to hide his deceit from his teammates. It made me think of that part from Tom Sawyer where Tom realizes: "You can't pray a lie."
Coach needs to learn that lesson as well. IMHO! :)
Greg, Lucy is 11... going on 24.
You are pretty much hitting it all on the head with Coach and his big man upstairs. Last time I checked God wasn't that keen to help you lie and cheat your way to become a millionaire.
See you
E
Also to anyone reading this: I did this post early this morning and it posted the first draft ... and now blogger wont let me change all the mistakes. Oh well whateves.
Ex
I loved how you described Lucy pulling a, "Stevie Nicks" and going her own way. Now I have that song stuck in my head ☺.
Please tell Lucy that I agree wholeheartedly. I don't think God concerns himself with the outcome of Survivor.
You always always make me laugh. Lucy is sooo smart and funny.
I think shite is the funniest word ever.
This has to be one of the best parenting posts I've ever read. I love Lulu. She gets her humor from her mother, most definitely.
Steve Nick reference made me LOL. And I never write LOL because I feel it is overused. But I did. I LOL'd.
Hi Parents of the Year 2010 (POTY).
Well done you are well on the way to receiving the award POTY 2011.(just before YOU go POTY yourself).
I am so proud of you both for trying to encourage Lucy to become a decent member of the community. Set a few examples and she will go far - cause she won't have friends but she will be the Leader of her own class!!!
Both your children encourage my heart and make me laugh heaps. I wonder how they think up those innocent words and never fear that you might (just might) be slightly crabby with them!
Got a long way to go but at least the children are still talking to you.
Love you always. Annie
I am also certain The Big Man thinks Survivor sucks, too. Team Lucy! Except when she's lost, of course.
I LOVE my DVR. It made watching crap TV that much easier.
Post a Comment