- I am desperate to blog ... but have very limited Internet/time/space or a life.
- We demo'd our kitchen yesterday. No more Kitchen for us... until D makes a new one. I borrowed an electric frypan from Vyc thinking I would be able to cook up a storm whilst having no kitchen... but its the washing up in the bathroom that is killing me. I see a lot of take away in our near future.
- I cant find my camera or camera cord so no pics of the demo'd kitchen or the massive hole in my house where the kitchen once lived.
- Lucy was in her school play this week. She was Helen of Troy in the classic Greek Odyssey. It satisfied her need for drama (just ;-)and she was so good.
- Bear scored a 48 not out at Cricket this weekend. He was so happy. He has been worried about his "form". Out of the slump may have been mentioned. He makes me lol that child.
- It was the anniversary of my beautiful Mum's passing yesterday. I cant fathom that it has been 18 years since we spoke or hugged or kissed (or even yelled). Because I am a walking cliche ... sometimes it feels like I have spent a whole life time with a Mum shaped gap in my heart and I get sad because I am starting to forget her in ways and form, then other days I feel her very close to me. I am coming to love the nights when I dream about her (even when those dreams make me cry and cry...) because I feel really close to her ... like we have been visiting each other. Love your peeps tight. and if you are my sibling reading this I love you more than words and if I had a phone that worked I would have told you that yesterday. Ex
- I cant find my phone charger and my mob is flat and D pulled the home phone out months ago when an internal wall come down. Yesterday this made me very annoyed and very determined to go organise myself an iphone.
- We had tea with Cath and the girls yesterday (and Ash and the beautiful Carla) and I think i fell in love with D all oVer again :-) ... He had to cook the 14 steaks on the barbie 14 different ways. That pressure would have done me in. Everyone got perfect steak.
- I am coming undone working one and half jobs in the space of two weeks. But its not forever and its all a means to an end so I need to toughen up and fly straight (I love a mixed metaphor).
- If you celebrated Thanks Giving recently ... Happy Thanks Giving to you . Ex
I will be back with pics when I have time ... and a life and I find my charger and camera.
Love Exxxx
12 comments:
Good luck with your kitchen remodel!! Just think how great it'll be when it's done, especially if it looks as good as the ensuite does!
Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am to still have my mom around. I'm going to make sure I tell her how much I love her and how thankful I am that God blessed me with her when we see her tomorrow.
Love ya, x
Greg: Good work on telling your mother just wonderful she is :-)and dont forget the hugs.
Vyc: Thanks for listening yesterday. You rock always.
Ex
I still think of Mum everyday. Love you
I love the things you said about your Mum. It's lovely that you dream of her...but sorry those dreams make you cry.
Well done, Lucy! Helen of Troy sounds like a leading role!
Oh, my...the having to wash dishes in the bathroom would get old really fast. Perfect excuse to eat out ☺
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your mum. I'm still a year shy of losing my dad and it kills me to think about it...I think I've made him an imaginary friend of sorts, to help deal with it. I can't imagine 18 years from now. It makes me sad to think that loss is still felt so acutely. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure she's closer than you think though, cliche that may sound... xo
Three cheers for your kitchen remodel. The family I used to live with did that for a few months, and let me tell you, it's a pain. But it's totally worth it in the end!
I'm sure you miss your mom very much. Losing a family member is so hard, but a part of life. It's always reassuring to see that other people are in the same boat.
I hated being without my kitchen but loved the excuse to pick up fast food every night. Now I don't have an excuse!
You have great kids and a great husband!
I am so sorry about your mom...I love my mom like crazy and don't know what I would do without her. I am so sorry the hurt is so strong..I imagine it will never really go away...she would be so proud of you.
Glad to know that you're still alive and well - I haven't seen your comments lately!
I'm sorry for your Mom's passing - even if it was 18 years ago - I can't even imagine.
Also, that's exciting about the kitchen - I can't wait to see the before and after!!
Oh, your thoughts about your mom are so sweet! I loved reading it. And as always, I just love your sense of humor. I even get such a kick out of your suttle funny like "(in point form)". Thanks for the smiles.
Yes I was thinking of you and your Mum. Love to everyone. xoxoxoxo My Mum gone 11 years now but strange that I too have been having dreams about her this last few weeks. Maybe it is better to have a cyberspace encounter it sure does fill the gap!
I was thinking about you and your Mum on the day. Love to all the family at this time. xoxoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment