- We and by "we" I mean David has finished painting our new bedroom, WIR and ensuite. We went for an off white colour that is called Dulux Natural White (they paid someone $ to come up with that name) its very very subtle and we both love it.
- Our tiler Clayton is in da house. By the end of the day we should have the floor in the ensuite finished and by "we" I mean Clayton. Clayton plays cricket with David and when we first asked him to quote our tiling I wanted to see some of his finished work (have you ever seen a bad tiling job? It stays with ya). Dave made the point that Clayton has a stunning looking wife...ergo he does good tiling. So now you all know how to pick a good tiler. Your welcome.
- David has picked out the colours for our Kitchen and Walk in robe and by David I mean David. It is such a crack up because every time we have to pick colours or materials Dave says " what ever you want" so I pick what I want and he looks at it and says "no, how about this". He has a good eye so I am happy to go with him with my only stipulation being a white granite kitchen benchtop and a darker colour wood grain on the island bench.
White benchtops/woodgrain contrast. - I did online grocery shopping for the first time this weekend. I LOVED it. I will be doing it again and again. I spend hours every second weekend doing our food shopping. It doesn't sound like a lot of time but it kills my soul. I still get my fruit and veggies from the market and my meat from the butcher but not having to go to ghetto town and push around a broken trolley with the masses made my weekend. I even had the will to clean out the fridge before putting all the food away. Normally I just have the will to scream at people for being so ungrateful after I finish the grocery shopping.
- I watched Country Strong.

I loved the music and the story. I wonder if Faith Hill was considered for the role that Gwyneth Paltrow took? It was a bit weird seeing Tim McGraw in a country music movie and not sing one song. I wonder what the edgy and super cool Mr Paltrow (Chris Martin) thinks of his wife doing such commercial movies? Now that I have written that ... are they still even married? - I am reading this book. Before I go to sleep by SJ Watson. The premise is so interesting. A woman wakes up every morning with no long term memory. So photos etc are labelled with things like "this is your husband". I am about half way through and its starting to drag so I hope it finishes with a bang.
- I am slowly getting better. SLOWLY being the word. I even have a little bit of my sense of smell back. This is a good and bad thing I have discovered. Good because I am no longer worried that I am smelly and bad because I can smell for sure that my house IS smelly.
- Someone should clean my house. And by someone I mean You.
(not our house, just our wall colour)

6 comments:
You make me laugh out loud. The whole bit about Clayton and the tile was especially funny. The house is going to be FAB! You have great taste and by you, I mean David!
Elizabeth! Could you PLEASE go public again because I keep forgetting to check your blog and when I do it's hilarious and I wish I read it every few days instead of every few weeks!
I'm glad your sense of smell is coming back because the whole No Taste thing would make me feel suicidal.
And also: your house remodal is taking a looooong time.
I love the off white color...and I got a good laugh out of your pointing out that they paid someone good money to come up with the name of Dulux Natural. I wish I had thought of it.
Yay for grocery shopping online!!! Now you don't have to have your sweet Lucy verbally assaulted by a crazy woman. You can pick out poppers (which I now know what those are thanks to you ☺) in the luxury of you own (nearly remodeled) home.
I like the colors David picked. He does have good taste.
I have no idea how having a stunning wife makes a good tiler...but if we ever re-tile our bathrooms I am going to make sure the tiler's wife is smokin' hot.
This really is so funny. The next time I need a tiler, I am taking your advice.
I also laughed at you and your husband picking out colors because that is totally totally totally my husband and me, too.
Glad things are moving along with the house - and with your health! And let me know how the book turns out - that one is on my library list. :o)
WOW I thought the pic was of your new bedroom. Wrong hey? Anyway I reckon it will look as good as the photo once finished. You and David have a good eye for style.
Post a Comment