- Students are the enemy.
- If you want to appear smart talk in acronyms.
New boss " Now that our POD is on the QRS you will have to get the BSY to the APT with the YFR."
Me" Ok ... wait WHAT????"
- If your office overlooks the Uni pool you can look out your window between 8am and 10.30am and watch the French Olympic swimming team train. In Speedos.
- Students are the enemy.
- The friendly grey haired chap in the checked shirt is the Big Kahuna. I'm just giving you this info so you don't make a wise crack to him before a meeting and then find out he is the Big Kahuna.
- If you want to change the location of the stack of letterhead paper be prepared for a 25 minute discussion about the pros and cons of moving it.
- Nobody talks to the new kid except to say "Good luck with that" when you tell them your job title.
- No meeting is ever complete without a PowerPoint presentation and the words suboptimal performance guidelines(???).
- Even though nobody talks to the new kid, the new kid cant believe they get paid to do this job.
- and lastly remember students are the enemy even though everyone seems to have been one at some stage going from all the framed degrees in offices. Weird.
7 comments:
See? It's great right?
Right?
Well...the speedos are great, right?
BTW - I've been at my same job since 2001 and I have no idea what I'd do if I had to go out and look for a new job. It would be all sorts of scary. I feel for ya, sista.
The conversation with your new boss is hilarious...by the way, my friend Greg is thrilled that someone has visited his blog from yours!
Elizabeth--
Congrats on the new gig and good luck!
I'm sure that they will love you at your new job. They are lucky to have someone with such enthusiasm. I know that you are so enthusiastic because you wrote that "the new kid can't believe they get paid to do this job." :)
I love that you were able to work the phrase "suboptimal performance" into your post.
That and the plethora of acronyms they apparently love to use at your work make me think that you will be well suited to work for the U.S. military should you ever decide to leave this job and emigrate!
Sincerely,
Greg
PS--I love the title of your blog!
I can tell this is going to be a great job. I can't wait to hear more about it!
No. 3 had me falling down laughing...with jealousy. ;)
I am sure the Big Kahuna found you endearing...probably nobody ever makes a wise crack around him so I bet he was thrilled to hear one.
So, let me make sure I've got this right...Students are the enemy, right? ;)
HAHAHA. This is hilarious.
Let me just say--The Big Kahuna loved that you were sassy. Trust me.
The acronyms totally remind me of Chandler on Friends when he was always talking about the WENUS (weekly estimated net usage statistics).
keep living the dream liz - whenever i can, i get on to have a laugh and was just reading your day at the markets and the cooking you were going to do to use up all that surplus when i realised i had banana muffins still cooking in the oven! thanks to you i saved them just in time, so thanks luv.i really will get on email and write to you properly soon, promise. (bated breath, i know, another instalment of the oh-so gloriously frenetic life of me, i just can't keep up with the tedium long enough to put digit to space bar!) xx dementia
Post a Comment