Very early Sunday morning Lucy and I dropped Riley at the coast for his Surf Patrol and were chatting in the car on the way home (Lucy and I are both early risers and find ourselves in the car on gorgeous weekend mornings dropping Riley at sport or the beach
ALOT). She said she really felt like "doing something" with David or I. After a bit of a think she came up with tennis.
After David woke up and got sorted he decided he would take Lulu for a hit and
because he felt like steak for tea he would buy a new barbie near the place they were going to go for tennis.
When Lucy and David came home at about 2pm to my surprise I noticed we were NOT the proud new owners of one of these.
But rather David was doing this.
To an old drum he had picked up at work. For Shame.

We are now the proud/
white trash owners of a 44
gallon drum BBQ.
Have I mentioned for shame?


He could not be more pleased with himself.

The drum in action. An added bonus of our new
barbecue is if we ever find ourselves homeless in July we can all huddle around it for warmth.

and that is the story of our new BBQ.
9 comments:
I love that man!!!! Handsome AND handy ... you are one lucky woman!!!
sometimes I find myself falling in love with David. Don't be alarmed. I love you too...and i am sending the dress/sweater combo to OZ directly!!
Vyc and Brooke you both crack me up!
This is equally hilarious (both the story itself and your commentary) and incredibly impressive at the same time. My husband will kick himself that he did not think of this himself.
I am completely and totally impressed. A homemade BBQ really is a thing of beauty. My husband would be equally impressed. I'm totally showing him this post.
I agree with Em. I love your commentary.
I would say it's a little more ghetto than white trash.
Hey, at least he's handy. And if he's the one doing the cooking on the BBQ then it's all good.
OH NO! I am hiding this from my friend's husband. He already uses his "hobo stove" made out of a tin can. I wouldn't want to see what he would do with this baby!
It's so Mount Druitt!
Go Dave!
You are hilarious!!
Post a Comment