And we loved it.
Brisbane Airport at our preflight club also known as the food court.
We hired a car
and some ski gear (and by the way the swish swish sound you hear whilst skiing isnt your skis on the powder its the cash leaving your bank account).
Some people admired the view from the apartment.
We found any way to keep our ears warm especially at night on the way back from the restaurants.
We went up the mountain on a cable car (Lulu's face is priceless).
We sat up here and admired the whole of Queenstown for about an hour it was so peaceful and stunning.
This is the day we left to drive to Dunedin to catch the flight back home.
By the time we got to Dunedin it was snowing heavily and the temp outside was -5 deg.
We did go through customs and immigration and even get onto the plane ... and we sat on the runway for about an hour while the airport decided if they were going to let the plane take off.
They didn't. They closed the airport. We were lucky enough to get a ride into the city (by a very good Samaritan who was offering 4wd lifts from the airport as the roads were all close to taxis etc). The airline put us up at a swanky hotel but David and I were a little too stressed out to enjoy it.
We didn't get much sleep ... this pic sums it up.
Sam and Brett were our fellow cancelled flight/4wd drive/hotel adventurers.
The kids played cards for hours the next day whilst we were waiting for the second plane.
This is the cows that were right next to the runway!
Finally we were off ... this is out the plane window.
Things I loved about our NZ trip.
The total break everyone got.
The cold water seafood dishes. Seafood Chowder, fish and chips, fish tacos Yum yum yum.
Seeing the kids skiing improve.
Seeing Lucy (who we called the Red Rocket) totally love skiing.
The weather. Until the end we had perfect sunny (but very cold) days with David and the kids skiing for four and half days straight.
The very friendly people.
The cute resort town of Queenstown.
Things I didn't like that much.
The cold at night.
The flight into Queenstown. I cried alot.
The End.
5 comments:
So I take it that Lulu is a little afraid of heights?
I had to laugh about the swish swish sound you hear while skiing is really the cash leaving your bank account.
...huh? I heard that same sound when we visited the beach last month...and I thought it was the ocean waves...
It also made me laugh how the cows were just hanging out right next to the runway...like they belong there, no biggie.
Lauren,
No Lulu is not afraid of flights ... she was chucking the sads!
I think you hear that swish swish sound whenever you leave the house with kids:-)
Ex
I love the title of this post...like so much of my life!
It still seemed like a pretty great trip until the end!
That Good Samaritan is amazing! Wow.
Your vacay sounds pretty fantastic! (Except for the cold/skiing part. I'm a desert rat, what can I say?) :)
Oh, that looks like the most amazing holiday (love the first pic). Sorry the end was an anticlimax.
Your trip really makes me want to visit NZ. Yes, I've NEVER been. I'm a sad case. xx
Post a Comment