Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
Love the people who treat you right.
Forget about the ones who don't.
Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said life would be easy.
They just promised it would be worth it.
Friends are like balloons. Once you let them go, you can't get them back.
Send these balloons to your friends.
My big Sis sent me this round robin email and it made me cry. Cos I'm a loser.
Also because last week I had a friendship die. Dramatic much?
David and I had some really good close friends (friends who we went away for a holiday with and still came back friends ) friends.
Then they moved to the coast moved in different circles and dropped us like we weren't hot at all.
I understand that sort of ... friendships do come and go. Last week I told David I was going to organise a lunch with my friend and see if I could be a better friend to her (or find out what her problem with me was).
I did organise the lunch for 1pm on Friday. At 1.11pm on Friday I realised the friendship was dead.
It wasn't that she invited all her others friends to the lunch (I really like them and they seem to like me) it wasn't that she kissed and acknowledged everyone but me, it wasn't that she made unkind comments about my kids, my husband and my (lack of) work prospects. No it was when I realised that having her as a friend made me feel pretty crappy about myself. I have same valid reasons to feel crappy... I don't need silly immature and unvalid ones... but thanks anyway.
So thanks Angie for the email. I loved it and I really needed the balloons today.
PS Lest you think that this blog is ALWAYS about me .... These balloon are for you too my reader friends and fam. I love each and everyone of youse and you all rock ;-)
So go on have a balloon.
Ex
6 comments:
Well, first of all I am going to make this comment all about me ;)...I want to say thank you for the incredibly sweet comment you left about me on Andrea's (Wrath of Khandrea) blog. It was so nice!!
I think you are very brave and mature. I have a few friends that I have known for YEARS that make me feel so lousy about myself. I don't know why I am not brave enough and mature enough to call it quits...I guess I still have a lot of little girl inside me that doesn't want anyone not to like her or be mad at her. It's silly of me, really. There is a line in the movie Julie and Julia that one character says something along the lines of, "What does it mean when you don't like your friends." and the other lady in the scene commented back, "Oh, that's normal." (I think I may have mis-quoted that...but you get the idea.) Anyway...I am sorry for the loss of your friendship...because it hurts...a lot...and I also admire your attitude of not adding silly and immature things to your life.
Lauren its all so true! Sometimes when I post I think "why did I do that" and then you leave the nicest thoughtful comments and I feel great. You should charge for the happiness you spread :-)
Also I hope that you don't let mean girls aka mature women who should know a lot better make you ever feel bad about yourself. YOU ARE WONDERFUL.
Ex
I accept your balloon, thank you!
The title of your post made me giggle until I read it all the way through! Now that I am in my 30s I think that true friendships are almost harder to keep than they were when I was a teen. (Almost!) Maybe it's b/c I understand my worth more and am less accepting of superficial friendships. I'm glad you realize how amazing you are.
ur ex-friend was obviously deaf, blind and dumb.....cause she didn't see the amazing gem there is in YOU!!!!!
I can't figure out why anyone would treat ppl like that, you two are better off without ppl like that in ur life, as hurtful as they were to you!!!
How many years have I known you?......OMGoodness, over 25 *eeeekkkk - yes we are OLD* ;D
I am so thankful that we got back in touch, you bless me everytime we chat & blog. luff u my friend! X X X X X
you are an incredible person, NEVER let anyone make you feel like that,,PROMISE!!! mwah
OMG Girlfriend. We all have days when we are down on ourselves but never think bad of yourself. You are an amazing and wonderful person and we reckon you are tops! Thanks for being you. Love ya always xoxoxoxoxo
Em,Enjoy your balloon ;-) I love the clarity that came in my 30's about lots of "life" stuff.
Nic, Surely we are not that old!!! Thanks for being a friend to both my teenage self and my old self. I love ya and you light up everyones world you touch :-)
Annie, Thanks for the kind kind words my gorgeous friend. My life is way better cos you ad S are in it.
Exxxxx
Post a Comment