According to Urban Dictionary First World Problems are:
Problems from living in a wealthy, industrialized nation that third worlders would probably roll their eyes at.
This week I feel like I have a lot of FWP.
FWP1. I paid $35 for a hair cut. For Riley.

I was sort of ambushed into it. Sort of. Riley likes to get his haircut at the same place his cousins and Cath do. Its always expensive but as he is so so so low maintenance I don't mind. He gets about 3 haircuts a year and I feel a bit sorry for him because he is starting to get David's coarse curly hair (hair changes when you go thru puberty just so you know) so a decent haircut is the least I can do for him.
Anyhoo last night AFTER Bear is in the chair and gowned up and the perky blond is running her fingers thru his hair... she turns to me and says "Our price for Boys High School cuts has gone up to $35 OK?"
What was I going to do at that point? Even though I have no desire to be a cool Mum I also have no desire to embarrass my kids unnecessarily so even if I saved $10 bucks by changing hairdressers dragging my teenager out of there didn't really cross my mind. Still I feel ill at paying that amount for a kids haircut.
FWP2. George Clooney called and he wants his coffee machine back.
Oh look at his happy face.
We bought a Nespresso coffee machine. Although its swanky (with a silent s) it does make great coffee just like the real cafe deal. Slight problem caffeine makes me anxious. After two days of nausea and full on anxiety I remembered why I gave it up. Dave is still enjoying it.
FWP3. I bought some new summery shoes and I want to wear them.Now.
I haven't packed. I feel I am not ready to go. I also am feeling stressed about going (where will we eat, what if the kids snow gear doesn't fit, what if they freeze on the slopes, will the hotel have quick internet and excellent cable TV, and again where will we eat?).
When will I have my shite together enough NOT to freak out over going on holidays?
FWP5. I miss Daisy.
Because of FWP4. I dropped Daisy off to our friends who are baby sitting her whilst we are away.
I got a bit teary leaving her. I wish they let me take her on the plane it would make for a much calmer flight.


Okay do YOU have first world problems? Please feel free to share so I dont feel like the massive loser that I am.
Ex


8 comments:
You are not a massive loser...I get what you are saying completely...I have always called them, "Poor little Rich Girl Problems" even though we aren't rich by any means...it has kind of always meant, "Things you shouldn't complain about because they aren't real problems compared to some people in the world.
My current First World Problems is how much it costs for the kids to have their favorite after school snacks. (my kids start school on Monday) I know there are people starving in the world and I shouldn't complain how expensive things are that aren't essential...but DANG.
I feel your pain about not being able to wear your new summer heels. Those are sharp!
It is wild to me that it is 11 degrees there and yesterday was 105 for us in Georgia.
Lauren,
I hear you on the snacks. Why is a cereal bar twice the price of a biscuit or cookie??? especially when boys can eat 3 in one sitting!
I know, right?!
I love those shoes too. It is so crazy hot here but I refuse to complain about it because I hate the cold way worse.
My biggest first world problem is running my kids to all the different activities I sign them up for.
Good post...you're right...we have soooo much and sometimes it isn't a good thing!
My first world problem: I have moths in my pantry. It's like the Amityville Horror here. Sounds like a second-world problem, perhaps, but it's not because my pantry is completely stocked with food.
It's icky.
I am the queen of FWP's : i caught myself complaining, to a friend whose young daughter has Cystic Fibrosis and isn't eating, about HAVING TO go on a holiday to the gold coast! A holiday that was a prize in a raffle that we won! i had to ring her later and apologise, just after giving myself a slap to the side of the head.
Love the shoes, and I could use George's coffee machine to whip up some delish hot choco. I'll be sure to mention it when he comes to dinner next.
So funny...and a good reminder to curb my spoiled brat FWP ways. I have my moments though and they usually consist of wondering why baby toys are so dang expensive yet so crappily made. (I def have my theories on this! :))
Post a Comment