Despite the blizzards, airport and road closures and general white out kraziness... we mamaged to get back from Kiwi Land. I will make your eyes bleed later with a full recap but I really wanted to give a shout out to my Step Mum Jan as she had a birthday this week.
Jan is mos def one of the good guys. My Dad is lucky.
For my Dad's 60th birthday she knew that what he wanted most was to have all his kids in the same place (for the first time). Through sneaky phone calls and fantastic subterfuge she made it happen ... and Dad had no idea!
The look on his face was indescribable as he realised that the six of us with our families had travelled from all corners of Oz and New Zealand to be with him for a very special weekend. And this was all organised by Jan.
The Olds, The Kids and most of their Kids.
When I turned up in Dad's life with my peeps about 9 years ago Jan was loving, welcoming and gracious and we love her for that.
So Happy Birthday Jan.
We hope you had a fantastic day and you got spoilt like you deserve (and Dad managed to take you out to tea).
Lots of Love
Lizzie David Riley and Lucy. xxx



3 comments:
I love it when subterfuge brings great rewards!!
Happy Birthday to Mrs. J!
That lobster tail looks divine.
Happy Birthday Jan,
Love and Hugs Angela and the Boys
Thanks for your lovely coments,
Love Dad.
PS Hi Angela.
Post a Comment