So its been a plague on both our houses (except we only have one) lately. First Riley got sick and just as he finished his antibiotics and went back to school Lucy started coughing and feeling like crap and last Wednesday I started coughing and carrying on. On Thursday night I had a huge coughing fit that ended badly with lots of pain in my groin area (vague enough for you). On Friday I went to see my Doctor, Edward. Edward is beautiful. But really who would be a doctor? You study for 20 years, meet nice people and have to stick your hand up them. Poor Edward. Anyways Edward thought I may have a tear in a place you really don't ever want a tear and prescribed antibiotics rest ice packs and panadol. I coped with this until Saturday morning at 3.40am when I may have screamed at David that I wanted to go to the hospital NOW. Cos it was David fault obviously. We did go first thing Saturday morning to see Edward who took one look at me and rang his friend George at the hospital. Over to the hospital we went. Dr George was beautiful too. Except George said it wasn't a tear and it had nothing to do with the coughing and by the way he was operating on me at 2pm.
and he did. and he removed a very large cyst. from inside me. and I didn't die from the anesthetic. and now I have a lot of stitches.
Today I am back at home a little bit sore and a little but pukey but mostly just so THANKFUL to Edward and George and Selengor Hospital and the fantastic country I live in that meant from diagnoses to operation was only about 4 (very painful) hours.
Wow is anyone else impressed I didn't type the V word once? and can anyone guess just how much pain medication I am on ?
I'm off now to eat the yummy little choc cakes Vyc made for me last night. Thanks Vyc.
5 comments:
YOU are very welcome. Am glad you are on the mend. (I was going to type the v word in between each of these .... possibly good that I didn't), x
so glad you are ok, lots of love and hugs
I was impress with the implied reference without the use of the v word!
WHOA!!! That is wonderful, like you said, that you went from diagnosis to operation in about 4 hours.
I guess it was a blessing that you began coughing...who knows how long it would have been before they found the cyst.
I'm glad you are on the mend...
...and impressed that you didn't type the V word ;)
Well I'm glad you did not type the v word, TMI, glad you're feeling better, I presume the cyst was benign?
Love, Dad
I am so sorry that you have been ill. That you are able to write about it with such humor really says a lot about you.
I'm so glad beautiful Drs. Edward and George took such good care of you. I hope you are feeling better and better.
And I LAUGHED and LAUGHED at the Saskatchewan reference.
Post a Comment