Monday, September 12, 2011

and he's back!

Last Monday morning at about 4.20am Riley came into our room and said "Dad I feel sick" at 4.21 am I bolted out of bed and pushed him away from our wool carpet.

Turns out he was sick and for the last week he has been crook as a dog.

Monday I stayed home with him and fed him nurofen and vicks. At about lunchtime he turned into a seal. For the next 7 days (and counting) he continues to bark.

On Tuesday he actually appeared to get slightly better (I am putting that down to being high on nurofen and vicks).

On Wednesday at about 3.30am I found him crying (and barking) in the bathroom. I haven't seen him that sick since he was about 2 and had a double ear infection. I took him to the Doctor Wednesday morning and the receptionist (whose son plays cricket with Bear) said "He has been sick since Monday and you only bought him to the Doctor today... Mother of the Year hey".

I wanted to punch her.

He had a throat and chest infection and Thursday and Friday were spent barking, shivering, sleeping, TV watching and drinking a lot of poppers.

Saturday and Sunday the antibiotics finally kicked in and although he was still barking and sleepy he felt a lot happier within himself.

This morning at about 7.50am he hid his sisters glue pot and was teasing her about it saying her teacher would probably give her detention if she didn't find it and take it back to school.

At 7.51am with Lu whingeing and whining about being teased it occurred to me

... he's back!


5 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Ah, yes...welcome back. I can always tell when one of my kids feels better because the teasing each other commences.

Oh, and by the way...you are now one of my BBF (Best Blog Friends) because you said on my 40th birthday post that I looked too young to be 40. ☺

Lauren in GA said...

Elizabeth...I am, "following" your blog...but for some reason your updates don't show up on my dashboard. Do you know why that is? Is it because we are on different continents, ya think? I didn't realize you had updated your blog until I clicked on it...my dashboard showed no record of an update.

Elizabeth said...

Lauren,
Maybe cos the blog is private? not sure and I am lame lame lame when it comes to computers.
Anyhoo have a great day :-)
Ex

Lauren in GA said...

I didn't realize that your blog is private...did you send me an invite and I somehow forgot?

Sorry to make such a big deal...I was just curious...

Annie Vowles said...

Oh Poor POOH BEAR. Glad you are better now. Hey Parents - Good blog to keep for his 21st birthday bash when you tell all the ugly stories of 0 to 21 years!!! And . . . . great to remember to get him off the carpet - you can never be too careful when it comes to vomit and the smell lingering far too long! Hee hee hee