Last weekend was pretty close to perfect. The weather was sunny and warm and we spent most of the days downstairs and in the garden. Riley and I spent heaps of time weeding and gardening and the garden is starting to come out of its winter blah.
It was warm enough to go swimming.
I got a new hydrangea. It has white flowers and I am so hopping they stay white once I plant it.
Hydrangea's are my favourite flowers and my other plant has small pink flowers.
These herbs have survived a winter where I didn't go near them.
I pulled out the thyme which David hates the taste of and planted some chives (which we all love the taste of) sort of seemed like good sense.
My stellar helper (can go either way super helpful or super painful).
Lucy spent most of Saturday on the couch watching tele as she caught the cough that Bear had a few weeks ago. She seems to be on the mend now.
Sunday night we had Cath and the girls and Vyc and the boys over for tea. David cooked a barbie with the help of the blower lol (something about coals) and it was a fantastic night.
To be honest I am sort of still struggling with how this year is turning out but the weekend REALLY helped me get my shite together. It was the combination of the sun shining and having Cath, Vyc and their bebes over and working really hard in the garden and seeing the plants look better... It all just made me feel more positive and looking forward to the coming months.
4 comments:
Your yard is impeccable!
Glad you got some nice fresh air and sunshine.
I always hurt myself with the weed whacker, too.
Thanks Rox - I can't take much credit... I just weed and tell David what I want planted ;-)
Lauren, Go you for even attempting to use the weed whacker.
Ex
I had the bestest time. And your garden is beautiful (like your husband), even though it was dark when I saw it!!!!
Post a Comment