Friday, March 5, 2010

Listen here

About 6 months ago I asked my facebook friends (all 20 of them lol) to tell me their favourite bands/singers/music. I was actually trying to put together a running program but I was also interested in new music in general. I am so sick of what is currently on my ipod (maybe I have a short attention span ...nooooo). Well it was *crickets* I tell ya (except for my oldest sister who suggested Nickelback.... Oh please let her be joking).

Anyhoo the Lovely Amanda (yes that is her real name) suggested that I listen to the Starlet Shaggers album Continuum and also a chap called Mr Ray LaMontagne. Excellent advice Lovely Amanda - my ears thank you.
So I am going to try again to solicit music advice.... please please please (desperado) tell me your favourite artist on your ipod or an artist you have discovered or album you love.


In return I will be like Molly Meldrum and tell you what I am listening to at the moment and what you should do yourself a favour and get into.

In no particular order

Guy Sebastian new album "Like it like that". The singing Fro is back and if you like Micheal Buble this album is worth checking out

Mumford & Sons "Sigh no More"


David Grey "Draw the Line"



also I got the single "everybody hurts" off itunes by Help for Haiti... watch this clip on youtube and if you are not crying by the time Robbie Williams appears check your cold cold heart for a pulse.

BTW I am in love with Rod Stewart.


also I reserved Adam Lambert's CD at the library ... He was on SYTYCD last night singing "whatdoya want from me" (poor lad has bad acne and a spelling problem) and I thought it sounded like it could be a good running track.



Also I am love love loving Powderfingers new album "Golden Rule" and especially lyrics like this from the single Burn Your Name

I want every single soul to know

That I love you for what you are

So I sound the bells that praise your precious heart


I just LOVE it.


Ok I'm going to waiting here 24/7 for your music suggestions... so get on it.
Thanks

Ex
PS ANY suggestion would be great whatever the genre ... one of my favourite cd's is a mix my cousin (the priest) made for me of Christian rock and pop and soul. I'm like one of those Swankers (with a silent 'S') who say their tastes are eclectic...

7 comments:

vyc said...

Hey swanker! I was going to tell you what's on my ipod, until you mentioned your favourites and I realised that Rod Stewart may be the only one close to my genre (or age). Sad to say it's all stuff from the 70's/80's on mine. Queen, Meatloaf (don't tell me you don't love them), with a little bit of country AND western thrown in. Sad but true! Feel free to disown me now...

Elizabeth said...

Vyc... I only indulge in Meatloaf when I'm north of the Gympie line... you know that.
This is another reason you should marry d (when I'm dead) his ipod is exactly the same as yours aka lame. Ex

vyc said...

Whilst I will conceed to the lame comment, I will dispute your 'only north of gympie' comment. I remember your husbands birthday many moons ago, and you I were were singing (in a screaming fashion my husband tells m) a meatloaf song VERY loudly in the middle of a local restaurant, right up until the moment my husband skull dragged me outta there! THAT was a good night. Meatloaf rocks and deep down inside young lady, you know it!

brooke said...

My ipod is probably sporting the same music as your husband's. Seriously, I don't even recognize the artists you mentioned. Nothing makes me feel more old or out of touch than talking about music. I listen to country 99% of the time. Will you still be my friend?

Elizabeth said...

Brooke I will only be your ebff if you tell me WHAT country you are listening to.

Elizabeth said...

Vyc... we are still not allowed back into that restaurant under our real names... that is the sign of a good night out!

Amanda Gibson said...

Hey, I'm glad you listened to my suggestions! I'm always up for new music and I can't wait to go on Rhapsody and listen to YOUR suggestions - some of which I've never heard of. Love, love, love new music. As a matter of fact, most of the new music I find is via TV shows that I watch....I'll hear a song I like....right down a few of the lyrics and then google it. Google is a music lovers friend. I also like to go to MTV and VH1's "new artist" categories. You can find some good stuff there sometimes. And, of course, I find lots of new music through blogs. Most of the bloggers I read have good taste in music.

Anyway, if you ever listen to the music on my blog you know what I like. But here are a few recommendations anyway:

Ingrid Michaelson, Jem, Cake (a little wierd but fun to run with), The Fratellis, The Bravery, Matt Nathanson and Mat Kearney, Nora Jones, Justin Nozuka, The Script, Iron and Wine (LOVE THEM), Snow Patrol, Death Cab for Cutie, The Airborne Toxic Event.....seriously I could go on and on and on.....I love music.

My fav running music is anything hip hop or hard rock. Black Eyed Peas (NOT something I'd normally listen to), Lady Gaga, Jay Z, Beastie Boys (who I love, love, love), Foo Fighters, Green Day....stuff like that. Stuff that's DISTRACTING.

Ok, I think I've exceeded my maximum comment allowance - so I'm outta here. Hope you have a great weekend!

Devil Woman, OUT.