It has been raining here for weeks. David's Dad and his partner Joy came and visited us over the weekend and it wasn't the best weather but we still had a ball.
We compared download speed
and cuddled up with Nanna and had favourite stories read to us (and introduced Nanna to the Velvateen Rabbit - Lulu's fave).
Saturday was really wet so Dad and Joy took the kids to the movies... and Dave and I did what grown ups do when find themselves with a quite empty house ... talked about the kids and read the weekend papers...
Sunday rolled around and we decided to head to the beach to find some sun (or be outdoors in the rain). We found the sun, the surf and sand at Noosa and had a fantastic time swimming and eating and window shopping.
Some visitors are hard work (for me) Dad and Joy are the complete opposite... and I can honestly say we all had a really wonderful fun weekend.
7 comments:
I'd like to be able to find a nice, sunny, warm beach right about now. :-)
Isn't it nice to have visitors who actually make life easier? That never happens to me!
Gotta love some great visitors!
Especially when it's nice and low key.
Shelley
Oh! I got that headband at Target! It was in the jewelry section... go figure!
Hey Elizabeth. I'm so glad you said hi. Chocolate just brings us all together! :) I was just looking back through your blog a bit and am loving it. I love your sense of humor and also your honesty. And Australia? So cool! Anyway, nice to "meet" you!
Sounds like fun to me! Even the rain. It snowed here today.....I'm jealous of your rain. Glad you had a fun weekend!
yeah right, I'm sure you definitely did what all adults do when they find themselves kid free for a day!!! We all know what you really got up to!!! LOL
(well for a short time maybe...and then retired to the lounge to chat!!!) LOL
Ahhh Nic you crack me up...are you related to David at all?
Post a Comment