I kidnapped David on Friday and took him to see The Hurt Locker because a. I thought he would like it and b. I was too chicken to go on my own.
I really wanted to see this movie because of the Oscar hype and because one of my favourite movies is Black Hawk Down... which I thought The Hurt Locker would be like.
BHD is one of my favs because I reckon Josh Harnett looks like my little brother...
and I just love the watching good actions films with alpha male characters .
I have heard (like on the radio ... I haven't done any authoritative research or anything) that the term the "hurt locker" can be used in two ways , like you would use the expression "in a world of pain" i.e. "If this bomb goes off we will all be in the hurt locker" and also its the place where people at war keep their pain and anguish " like I know its hard Buddy but you have to put it all in your hurt locker and keep going forward". Both are pretty descriptive and apt.
So back to the movie... I loved it and Dave thought it was just ok. I thought it was going to be more graphic (don't get the impression its not graphic ... it is) and more political. I appreciated that it told a fascinating story without having (for the most part) an overt political agenda. It is a fascinating view into the world of some damaged souls doing frightening jobs in the theatre of war. D thought it didn't live up to its Oscar haul.
Have you seen it? What did you think?


4 comments:
I haven't seen it but your brother is cute--he does look like Josh!
P & I are going this Friday, so I'll let you know. You were right, your brother does look like him (great photo of Cath too I might add).
Brooke and Vyc... Im glad you agree about Joel looking like JH... otherwise I was just throwing a random shot of my sis and bro into my blog!
Ok, now I'm for sure renting it. I haven't yet (no time for movies lately) but it's on my list. Thanks for the review....
Post a Comment