For someone who has two capable kids I spend an inordinate amount of time washing up the dishes. We don't have a dishwasher which is a crime (against housewives) I know ... we couldn't fit one in the kitchen which should tell you something about the size of my house.
So back to me... even though the kids take it in turns to do the dishes each night... I find myself standing at the sink looking at this view at least once a day. I sort of like it. And I am sort of going to miss it when we turn the kitchen into the lounge room and move the kitchen to the new part of the house (don't get excited it could take a while to do that... oh hang on that was just me getting excited).
This is my other view.
No this pic isn't arthouse... its just my craptastic photo skills... flash would be good. Its from my treadmill... I look out to the range (actually I look out to a lot of trees) but I can hear and sometimes see the cars travelling along the range... I'm going to miss this view too.
Running / jogging / walking / coughing up your lunch on the treadmill gives you a fantastic opportunity to consider your view...
and I like mine (even if I don't have a dishwasher).
6 comments:
We don't have a dish washer either for the exact same reason. Too small!!! I feel your pain, although if Mike read this he would probably flip and demand that I state that he does 90% of the dishes in the house. It's true. I am a bad housewife.
I should take a picture of my craptastic view from my kitchen window just so you have some perspective. I basically look out at a beautiful vinyl fence and weeds.
I want to hear more about this renovation--moving the kitchen entirely--you are a brave woman.
Oh I forgot....at least you have a window to look out of! :-)
Everything is so GREEN! I'm jealous of your view. But not too jealous - I do have a dishwasher, you know. ;o)
I have no dishwasher (except me), I have no view (except a fence and a garden that needs weeding), and I have no treadmill (except that's not true, I have one, I just don't use it).
what an awesome view Liz!!! Wish mine was that interesting!! x x
Post a Comment