I re read some of my blog last weekend and it was the everyday family stuff that I loved having a record of so in that vain ... here is what we got up to in Jan so far.
We did a family bowling afternoon.
We stayed for a few games and they put the disco lights and music on ... epic fun.
I was worse than useless ... and they wouldn't put the gutter rails up for me - something about being only for children :-( here is Lulu trying to give me some pointers.
Lulu likes to argue with David at the moment... here he is trying to show her how to bowl better and here she is completely ignoring him.
We went back to the beach for possibly the hottest day of Summer.
and David took a picture of an old lady
My MIL took the kids for a few days so "the kids" (us) could celebrate their anniversary.
We went out to tea at Ba Vigo ( which is now my new favourite restaurant) and then saw The Iron Lady. It was a fabulous way to celebrate our 15 years as Mr and Mrs. Over a champagne or two David and I decided that a happy marriage was effortless, romantic and so easy ... when your MIL has your kids. Every other day its a hard slog peppered with laughter and sunshine if your really really lucky.
We didn't get a pic together so here's one I prepared earlier.
I have been taking the kids down to Ptown for a walk / skate in the afternoons (Vyc wanna meet up?)
January was also the month I got to drop $413.00 on shoes. Serviceable sensible and College approved shoes.Not even my size. I die.
Best thing about this Jan? Stevie and Davina had a precious baby girl!
She is so lucky this little girl. Stevie and Davina are perfect parents and she has two big brothers to protect her.
We also got to catch up with some Darwin friends. I used to work with Sharon (a long long time ago) when we were both single. She was a huge support when I fell pregnant with Riley and she has since had her own Riley :-)
Her and her husband Mike and their kids came to the coast for the holidays and we had lunch with them and took the kids for swim. It was such a nice day that flew by with heaps of easy talking and laughing.
Lucy and Ele,who is one of the most gracious and mature 20 year olds we have ever met.
Riley Zach Lulu and Riley :-)
7 comments:
I am with you. My favorite posts are the ones that I record the everyday family stuff.
I am also like you in that my bowling leaves a lot to be desired. I always want the gutter rails (we call them bumpers) too. I am clearly in need of bumpers...why won't they let me use them? I end up pretending they are for the kids even though I need them the most.
I read your wedding post and laughed. What kind of weird photographer has the bridal party laugh at the bride and groom. Even a trainee should think that was a weird pose.
Happy Anniversary!!! Glad you go some time alone ☺.
Looks like you've been busy, busy. I'm so jealous that its summer where you are. Today we got snow.
Happy Anniversary, by the way!
I love how your family does such fun family activities together! =o)
Enjoy your summer down there...I'm already looking forward to summer up here!
Did'nt think you would be so vain as to try and inject some humour in that vein! Love your work,
Dad
Man, I am so glad I contacted you about getting an invite to your blog! I was nervous to do so, but have not regretted it ever.
This is a great recap. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! Your old reminiscing post made me laugh.so.hard. (Mostess' comment, too.)
If we are ever able to go bowling together, we will both DEMAND the bumpers be put up!
My husband loves to skateboard and I told him of your son's plight. We are glad he was able to get his gear in order...if you need any other American parts, just let us know!
Happy anniversary.. You are a beautiful couple!
And I have got to get my hands on Friday Night Lights!
Elizabeth,
So...I had to tell you the sad news. Celia said that she will no longer be posting on her blog anymore. I know you adore her so I wanted to let you know.
*sniff*
Post a Comment