Dad and Joy had Christmas in Darwin with Stevie, Davina and the boys and then flew to the Sunny Coast for New Year. David's family love to spend lots of time together... they love holidaying together, going away together and generally living life large TOGETHER. My family not so much. In fact me and my sisters have a saying "Party's Over" as in when we all have enough of each other and its time to head home...
Party's Over ;-)
Anyway Dad and Joy always organise for all of us to go away and stay on the coast together when they come back to Oz for their holidays. This time we went to Noosa and it rocked. The crappy pics I have don't really do it justice but we ate, swam, kayaked, long boarded, surfed, danced and ate (again) our way through New Year.
In the above pic I have just consumed my 3rd hamburger of the trip. We found a burger bar that was so so so good I ate it everyday.
Noosa main beach. Playground of the rich and famous (and us Brooks plebs). We spotted lots of footy players, a model, a TV exec and Lote Tuqiri.
We were waiting to use the beach showers and Lote was in front of us. I tried to subtly tell Dave ... and he says (pretty loudly) "Hey its Dell".
Lote Tuqiri
Wendell 'Dell' Sailor
That made me laugh all afternoon.
Crappy shot but that is Bear ... poor Poppie was run ragged by the Grand kids.
New Years Eve we bought a truck load of seafood and had a disco in our room. Here is Nick setting up the decks :-)
Lulu Grooving
Me Grooving.
Some old man trying to wish me Happy New Year ...
We danced til 11.30pm then set off for the fireworks at the River. We may have got lost and ended up shouting Happy New Year to each other in front of some punters front yard in suburban Noosaville.
Dad in his BULA shirt... wow did he cop shite from the boys for this one.
Nanna Joy and her besties who are thinking of retiring to the Coast.
Dinner at Rickys on the River
Of course by the end of four days with no sleep and a lot of sun, sand and surf I was ready to fall into a coma but a good time was definitely had by all.


4 comments:
Okay, you've always looked thin, but you are looking extra skinny and hot lately. Love all the New Year's Eve pics...one of the best holidays!
It looks like you had a great time ringing in the New Year Down Under! I'm so jealous that you got to spend part of it on the beach!!
Oh...it all looks so fun.
I must say that you look so beautiful in the picture of you, "grooving." I love that happy smile and you look so cute!
I laughed about you saying, "Some old man trying to wish me Happy New Year ..." You are so funny. I know you are a lot of fun to be with.
I wonder if, "Dell" heard David.
Your Christmas and New Year's celebrations look so festive and fun and full of delicious gravy. Getting your turkey de-boned and stuffed seems like an absolutely brilliant idea.
I am totally jealous of your New Year's groovin' and laid-back fun. We spent ours driving through the night from home in Arizona to home in Texas.
We also received your card/newsletter and I thank you! Chuche thanks you for the awesome stamps, which he confiscated almost immediately--his students are doing some project at school that he needs them for.:)
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment