Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Christmas Wrap Up

Christmas 2011 was a blast!  We woke up to sunshine ... after days of rain so that was a good start. After a huge Breaky of everyone's favourite food we headed to Mooloolaba Beach. Due to a Cyclone off the coast the council had shut all the beaches ... didn't stop us or the thousands of others having a swim :-) (we do have a personal lifesaver in the fam lest you think we are really irresponsible).

About Lunch time we came home and had a nibble platter lunch by the pool and swam some more.





David watched Jamie Oliver's Christmas special a few days before Chrissy and wanted to do a special gravy for the turkey (which I ordered deboned and stuffed from our butcher). The gravy involved hours of work and I hope he liked doing it cos I will never bother again.We also did  Duck Fat potatoes (which I thought tasted the same as normal fat potatoes). 

Step 44 of 168 of Jamie Oliver's gravy making ... 


and that was Christmas Day done and dusted.

3 comments:

Rox said...

your kids are so gorgeous!
glad you enjoyed the holidays and spent it in the beautiful weather!

Lauren in GA said...

I am glad you had a lifeguard with you at the beach. I appreciate how responsible you are ;)

I love how you said that the picture of David was step 44 our of 168 steps. You always make me laugh.

I don't know who Rox is but I sure agree with the comment of, "your kids are so gorgeous!" I always think that.

Elizabeth said...

Rox, Thanks for all your lloverly comments, we are very lucky here with the weather.

Lauren, As always I love your comments - you get me hahah. Also Rox blogs at The Tuck Show (on my blog list). She has two of the most gorgeous baby boys and husband I have ever seen and I love her blog.

Ex