Saturday, January 21, 2012

Soundtrack to Summer

School starts next week and  reality and will kick in for shizzle :-(
I wrote this post after New Year but had a bit of trouble posting it. Here's goes. 

Being home this Christmas and New Year meant we had days of relaxed down time. No school, no schedule, no work, no rushing ... it was so laid back and so relaxing. We all watched heaps of TV and listened to new music and I have had the following on high rotation ever since ... they are all my new faves.


 
 I really like country pop and The Band Perry are certainly that. I love all of this album and hopefully FM radio don't discover it and kill it. Hello Lady Antebellum.


Simple Plan's latest song is Summer Paradise and it was the Brooks Summer Anthem. The film clip is a homage to all things Australia: QANTAS, Sydney Harbour, the Opera House, Vegemite, Emus, Koalas and Aussie Flags ...  strewth what's not to love!

Taylor Swift new song "Ours" is so catchy and like all her music very easy to listen to. 
So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours



The above music clip features my other summer addiction. Did you pick it? See below.



David gave me Season 1-3 of Friday Night Lights for Christmas and when I say gave I mean I bought them in November and watched them relentlessly from Christmas Eve onwards.

I could  wax lyrical about the compelling story arc or  the fabulous script writing  or make biting social commentary about the non fiction book  this series is based on reflecting the social mores of small town America... Yeah I could do that.




Or I could just tell you Friday Night Lights has Zach Gilford in it so run don't walk to watch it.



Oh please ... you are all young fit and beautiful !

So your turn. New music discovered? New TV Shows or movies? I have to find new things to keep me amused seeing as Season 4 and 5 of FNL wont be available in Oz for years!


5 comments:

Greg said...

"A penny for your thoughts--oh, no, sell 'em for a dollar..."

I'm excited to listen to the Summer Paradise song given that I like your other recommendations so much (Taylor Swift - Ours and The Band Perry and Friday Night Lights).

Maybe I'm getting old, but I feel like it's been so cold this winter, so I'm jealous that you're enjoying summer weather right now.

I love T. Swift's video for Ours. It's a great song and you have to love having Matt Saracen in a co-starring role.

FNL was a really a really great show..."Texas Forever!"

Elizabeth said...

Oh Greg ... Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't lose !

Lauren in GA said...

I loved this post. I love hearing blog friends review their new favorites. It's like you all do all of the leg work for me. Makes my search for entertainment easy.

I laughed about the, "Hello Lady Antebellum" comment. I so agree. Two of the members (both boys) are from the town in Georgia we currently live in and they both attended the same high school that my 14 year old Evan now attends. It is impossible to get away from Lady A in these parts (as they are often called around here). They just built a new pavillion in town and they named it the Lady Antebellum Pavillion. The band came and performed at the ribbon cutting ceremony too. I like Lady A...but I am a little overinundated with all things Lady A. We took Evan to the orthodontist the other day and there in the lobby is a picture of the orthodontist with the two male members because he did both of their orthodontia. Oh, for pity's sake...enough already. ☺

Elizabeth said...

Lauren, that's funny. We have a couple of federal politicians who went to our local high school... and don't they keep reminding us!
Ex

Em said...

Love Taylor Swift.

Is it shameful that I live in TX and have never once seen FNL? Maybe...

Thanks for the music recommendations! I love finding new stuff.

Lauren in GA's Lady A comment makes me laugh. When we moved to H-town, there was a rumor that Beyonce graduated from the school Chuche teaches at--an absolute lie. And don't I wish she had! I'd love for Beyonce to come do a ribbon cutting ceremony! :)