Thursday, January 5, 2012

i got a phone for Chrissy

David and Santa organised an iphone for Christmas for me. Lord help you... the following is just a sample of all the weird pics that the kids and I have taken already. All destined to be stuck in a future blog post no doubt.


The kids play this annoying  funny game where they swap my phone wall paper from this to this.

Twelve times a day.






 I am also going to be one of those annoying people who whip out their mob to take photos of food ...
and turn average pics of themselves into arty sun drenched shots in an effort to disguise the wrinkles and flab.


 i very happy.

9 comments:

brooke said...

I have been catching up on your beautiful blog..I have been preoccupied to say the least...I also got your wonderful Christmas card...and I did read your letter!!

You look stunning in every photo...especially the sun drenched one..I am going to steal that trick!

Rachel B. said...

Ha ha!! You're commentary is hilarious. Glad you own up to it all! :)

Rox said...

hahaha! one of those people... i know what you mean! lol enjoy your new iphone!

Greg said...

Congrats on the new phone! I'm impressed that you appear to have mastered some of the fun bells and whistles.

My phone is so old-school that it doesn't even have a camera on it!

Lauren in GA said...

CONGRATS on the phone!!

That makes me laugh that your wallpaper is being changed...

12 times a day may be a bit much, though ;)

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the LOVELY (handmade! with a handwritten note!) Christmas Card and letter. I have to tell you...I took all of our cards and letters on our road trip over Christmas vacation to read to my husband, Mike, as he drove. I read yours out loud and when I got to the part about Riley is a, "cheeky Charlie with an irreverent sense of humor that either makes us laugh out loud or scream at him!" my oldest son Evan (age 14) piped up from the seat behind me and said, "That guy sounds like me!" My husband Mike said, "Yes, he does sound just like you!" I told Evan that I had never heard the title, "Cheeky Charlie" before but I had a strong feeling that it described him perfectly and that I was going to write and tell you that I have taken to calling my Evan, "Cheeky Charlie."

Thank you for sending the card and letter. We loved it. I still haven't sent anything but if I do (for maybe Valentine's day?) I'll send you one. ☺

Elizabeth said...

Lauren, I would love to be your Valentine :-)
I would also love to hear more about your Cheeky Charlie Evan ... I am sure you are handling the teenage years beautifully and I want to know how you do it.
Ex

Nicolee said...

gorgeous Liz, gorgeous, you in that outfit & all the way down to your 'grotty' husband! ;D
so glad you have had a fabulous last few weeks, sorry I haven't called past....holiday life has been happening here too!
thx again for your fabulous letter....once again, I failed in that dept....I too, felt the heavy rock on my chest, so I tend to go - OH its all too hard & get nothing done at all! :D
luv u lots, thx for the updates! XXX

The Mostess said...

Hahaha. I love that the kids hijack your phone and take stupid pics of themselves.

You look great! Ain't no way a picture can do that much editing-you have to be hot, skinny, and unwrinkled. I'm convinced.

Holly said...

No wrinkles. No flab. You are gor-juss!