
1.When the future Mr & Mrs M-W announced their upcoming wedding I thought I couldn't care less. I suspected William was going to be the cold strange fish his father was/is. I wondered if his mothers genes had given him a bit of heart. I was annoyed that after receiving a stellar education Catherine has worked for a total of 3 months out of the last 5 years. Then I saw the ring. Using Diana's ring was such a lovely almost common thing to do... I had hope for them. They had me from that point.

2. Until Friday night this is the only member of The Firm I have ever had any respect for. She was saddled with the job early (24 I think?) and has not put a foot wrong since ... even when the idiots she gave birth to stumbled and bumbled their way through marriages, divorces, affairs (with a topless pap shot thrown in), fraud, and bankruptcy.

This idiot... where would you even start?

And these losers who auctioned their (publicly funded) wedding photos off to the highest magazine bidder.
3.Then last Friday I watched these boys step up and instil a bit of pride back into the Monarchy.

4. I cried when I saw Harry and William arrive at the Abbey. I even said sappy things like "their Mother would have been so proud".
5. William married Catherine Elizabeth. Catherine Elizabeth looked like a princess and behaved like pure class.

6. I cant believe I was wasn't in this picture. My Father is from County Durham, Catherine Elizabeth's Great Grandfather was from County Durham. I am Elizabeth Anne (like the horsey Princess Royal) my sis is Catherine Margaret (like the loose Mrs Armstrong-Jones). So many connections yet not one invite.


7.Harry: Apparently he started his Best Man's speech with "Good Evening Ladies and Gentleman... Pippa ring me". I'm so hopping that is true.
Phillipa: Nearly stole the show in that white number, but I guess if you are marrying the future King of England (and Australia) you win and so can probably throw your sister a bone with a really great dress.
James (or whatever the brother's name was): My Gaydar went off even BEFORE I heard you sell cakes for a living.

8. What a pair of tools. The sad and pathetic thing about these outfits is the Princess Eugenie and Beatrice would have had every fashion house and designer at their service not to mention an unlimited budget ... and this is the shite they come up with?



10 comments:
Sending you a big, enormous bloggy hug from across the ocean. I dind't know that about your daughter. That's incredibly scary.
I concur with all of your statements about the wedding. I didn't watch it, but spent more time than I'd like to admit looking at pictures. Pippa's dress was the bomb. I only wish Kate had worn her hair up. It's stupid, I know, but hair up is just classier.
Thanks Holly and right back at you with the hugs.
I was also surprised she went for the hair down. I expected a big up do with a big old crown on top ... that is what I would have done and hence why I am not the present Mrs M-W!
Ex
I agreed with every single word you said in this post and laughed out loud a couple times.
Are you still private? I can't tell on my computer because it automatically takes me to your blog.
If you aren't private, I need to link to this NOW! Let me know!
I'm with you - I wasn't going to buy into the whole Royal Wedding thing. But then it was on Good Morning America - and suddenly I was mesmerized. Kate was beautiful - and Prince Harry's reaction when she walked down the aisle was very cute and not rehearsed at all - which I loved! The bride and groom seem genuinely in love - which is pretty cool and which also made it totally worth watching.
Thank you for the invite into your private blog-- and yes it was worth it. I concur with everything you said.
Thank you for the re-vite! My dang kids deleted all my bookmarks and I lost your address. Hooray.
LOVED this post. Totally agree with you.
And, um, am I just a stupid American because I didn't know they were the kings/queens of Australia, too? I knew in the old days, but had no idea that still held up. You totally should have been invited. Then you could have made me your plus one. :-)
thanks so much for the invite to your blog :)
i hadn't seen that 'honeymoon' photo -- i love her shoes, too. but my only complaint is that they are holding hands wrong (will's hand should be in front). drives me mad when i see couples walking/holding hands like that!
Christie, Elizabeth is totally the Queen of Australia. Sometimes our politicians talk about Aus becoming a republic and then they decide they have more pressing things to do like run the country ... so um yes she is still our Head of State.
SewSara, I was just so pleased to see them holding hands! My other favorite pics are when their carriage went under a bridge he grabbed her hand for a sneaky squeeze and when their carriage went passed any military post he saluted and she bowed her head. So quaint and classy. Obviously I was into the RW way to much!
I love the whole wedding and my faith was once again restored in the Monarchy. It was so beautiful, and I'm so sorry you didn't get an invite. What the...?
So lovely to hear from you again. now I don't get your updates, I need to make more effort to visit!
xx
I'm with you on the wedding Liz! I too, felt like an OLD MATRON nervously watching from a far! I really felt like giving them both a big hug!!! ;D
I love how they were so 'natural'...and so in love!
just caught up with your other recent post.......LUV how you 'talk' to us! I can just hear your voice...mwah!!! You're a delight my friend!
chat soon!
NIC x
Post a Comment