Saturday, May 21, 2011

39

I turned 39 tomorrow. I suspect 39 is a lot harder than 40 . Everyone makes a big deal of you when you turn 40. 39 is just old.


Can you tell I am having my mid life meltdown about turning 40 a little early? Sort of. Not really. I'm just a little bit scared that I only have 366 days to grow up, get a real job and make something of myself.


No pressure obviously.



Anyhoo because I like to talk about myself on my birthdays (remember last year?) I have nicked this tagged list off Holly's blog. Holly according to Holly is:




... a freelance writer living in that large part of New York State that is not New York City. I live with my hubby, my four kids, and what's left of my sanity.





Of course she is much much more and I love her blog. Do yourself a fave and check her out.






So on to Me Me Me (cant waste time the clock is a tickin).







If I could go back in time and relive one moment, what would it be?
I'm with Holly on this one. Its OK to look back at history, just don't stare. Its not healthy. Having said that I would relive the days right after having the kids. I love me some newborn bubby but it went by way too fast. I would also find someone to give the children to from the ages of 18 months to 3 years. That is allowed right?




If I could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?

See above about history! Of course it goes without saying I would still have my Mum here if I could. In fact she'd be the one I palmed the kids off to. Lucky her.


What movie/tv character do you most resemble in personality?
I wish I was like people on screen. Does that count? I love Nina from Offspring and Pam from The Office. I am nothing like them so I fail at this question.


If you could push one person off a cliff and get away with it, who would it be?

Really? Just one person? That doesnt seem fair. I think I could convince my Sisters and Sis in law to help me round up some steps (step Father and his wife the step step Mother) and push away. There would be nothing Gorgeous about it. Anyway are they still steps when they excommunicate you?




Name one habit you want to change in yourself
The Coffee addiction. One a day is hardly a habit ... yet I just cant kick it.



Describe yourself in one word.
Cautious.


Describe the person who named you in this meme in one word (Holly).
Erudite



Why do you blog?
Because who would listen to this shite in real life?


Thanks Holly that was good fun.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Goodness, I have to be more thankful about my family- steps and all...

Erudite?

Jacko said...

Happy birthday Sweetheart, enjoy your day & thanks for not leading me towards the cliff. Love, Dad.
PS If it helps - you were born in 1973:-)

brooke said...

Happy Birthday kid!! 39 is soooo not old. By the way, 50 is the new 40. 40 is nothing!

This was fun to read. You make me laugh. If I only got one person to push off a cliff, I would choose Tiger Woods because he just drives me crazy.

Oh, and I would always listen to this shite in real life!

Angela said...

Hippo two birdies two ewes!!
I love the blog.

Count me in when going to the cliff!

Yep 39 is harder than 40, speaking from experience, mind you - bloody 45 is not sitting to well either!

I love you heaps, big hugs and kisses.
I miss you.

Amanda Gibson said...

Hey! I forgot to tell you - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

BTW - 39 isn't old. Neither is 40. Wait till you hit 80 and then start worrying!

The Mostess said...

You make 39 look good!! Happy Birthday!

My dad's wife is horrible, and I would totally throw her off a cliff. She was making disparaging remarks about my recently deceased sister the last time she was here. Who does that?? Off the cliff she goes!

Annie Vowles said...

Loved this reflective blog however, I reckon birthdays bring on too much deep and meaningful thinking! BUT Next year will be special!! SV is turning 50 while you will turning 40 (only a few days apart) May 2012 is going to be busy.