Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Wedding

So we obviously started the day by getting our pretty on.






and trying to get a decent family shot minus the flower girl.


Our Nieces looked so gorgeous (as did my nephew who drove one of the wedding cars).


The boys looked fantastic too.


My Uncle (mums brother) and his wife made the big trip for the special day.


First glimpse of the girls.


The ceremony. My cousin Troy married Joel and Krys. The ceremony was the best I have ever attended. Troy spoke such interesting heartfelt words... and he had props! Here he is with Best Man Drew (Troys brother and Joel cousin/best mate) illustrating the different kinds of love in the Bible. Drew is attempting to light the biggest lighter the boys could find on a recent trip to Bali. How they got that flame thrower back into the country I'm not sure. I told Troy I'm definitely booking him for all my future weddings ;-)





My nephew Micheal is missing here Bugger it!









My Uncle Geoff (Drew and Troys Dad). He is a clown and uses the same gags on my kids that he used on me!!! Here is Unckie Geoff (Joel could say Uncle as a toddler and Geoff has been Unckie ever since) comparing foot ware with Lu who ditched her pretty shoes as soon as the photos were over.




The Stunning New Mrs.








The next day we went to the beach for a bit of a recovery get together. Here is David putting into practise "Happy Wife Happy Life".


And here is the Groom ... recovering.




As we were flying out the next day we took Lulus flower girl bouquet down to my Mum.




One of the themes of the wedding was Orchids and flowers in general (which my Mum adored).
The wedding was truly an emotionally uplifting beautiful day. Krys and Joel had organised it all so well ... and they were surrounded by friends and family who loved them. It was a special day for everyone. I wished I had better photos ... or even one shot of all the family together.

4 comments:

brooke said...

These photos are wonderful. Your family is beautiful, the bride and groom look radiant and I LOVE the photo of you and Dave dancing.

I'm sorry you had to come home to such crap! I'm hoping your feeling better. Re-entry is so hard anyway without all that.

You looked amazing at the wedding. Love the whole outfit/necklace/shoes!

Nicolee said...

WOW it really does show that you all had a ball!!!!! And you look incredible - stunning in that dress my dear......you all look great, and what a gorgeous little flowergirl Lou was!!!!
So glad this day turned out to be such a blessing and so much fun!!! (love the shots of the 'day after'!!!)
mwah x x x x

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Oh I love weddings - and I love all the pics!

mummydiaries said...

Great pics!!